That's a wrap.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
Putting this load in the books and moving onto something else. 1st day in a while with no wind, which was real nice.

Load has been shooting roughly 2" low at 200 so I moved my scope up 4 clicks. 1st shot was high outside of the next 3 shots. Whether that was me, the scope settled in after that 1st shot from clicking it up, or I happened upon a bullet in the box that was out of kilter, don't know. Regardless it was high, and based on what it's been doing I'm certainly not going to blame the rifle or the load. Me more than likely.

The following 3 were under an inch at 200 yds. Good as me and the rifle can do I'd say.

Was the first shot from a clean bore? Clean bore shots usually go high in my experience.

Nicely done ST. That is some fine shooting right there.

JD338

1 Shot, no it wasn't a clean bore shot, and that rifle doesn't tend to show any disfavor towards the 1st cold bore shot.

But some things I have to keep in mind.....cheap hunting bullets and see thru mounts. Scope is pushing 2.5" above the bore. A thick cross haired 3X9 Simmons that covers that Skoal can sized target at 200. Plus a highly fallible human being behind the trigger. Any of those could cause an off shot.

I didn't think it was me, but in the end it probably was. That or an off bullet. In my mind it's easiest to blame that flier on cheap bullets. :lol:

Thanks.

This load should work in this rifle with this weight whether it be Accubonds, BT's, Partitions, or Interlocks. OAL would need changed some depending on the bullet. I got 300 left of these, they were running fairly cheap at the time.

Back