Tikka T3 Mounts

Backcast88

Beginner
Sep 15, 2012
I purchased a Tikka T3 SS in 270 Winchester the other day and need to get rings for it. I do not like the factory rings and want to try something different.

I am trying to decide between the DNZ 1 piece mounts or Talley Lightweight rings. How do they compare in terms of strength and weight? Is one better then the other?

I want to get the rings purchased within the next week so I can mount my scope (Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40). I will have to order them since I cannot find either one in low. Any suggestions on where to order the low's from since everybody around me has medium and doesn't know when they will get low.

I've used SWFA for optics purchases several times and was well satisfied.

I am likely in the minority but I don't like Talley lightweights. I think on the Tikka the DNZ makes a pretty attractive unit.

I also like Warne Maxima rings..http://swfa.com/Tikka-C2384.aspx

I think I will go with the DNZ's. I put a set on my dad's Weatherby and the seemed to work out great and thus far have held up great.

I did put a set of Talley's on a buddies 22-250 Remington 700. They also worked great but I think I like the all 1 piece setup of the DNZ's. Now I have to get them ordered so I can mount the scope and sight it in at the end of next week.

The DNZ mount is nice. My only qualm is it is a little bulky. I typically use Talley one piece mounts and have been quite happy.

Eric

The Optilocks get my vote for the Tikka. The cheaper steel rings that the Tikkas come with in the USA ....toss them. We don't get them with the rifle here in Canada.

Next would be they Talley's.

Mighty Peace":1vgnrp7c said:
The Optilocks get my vote for the Tikka. The cheaper steel rings that the Tikkas come with in the USA ....toss them. We don't get them with the rifle here in Canada.

Next would be they Talley's.

+1...solid mounts for sure, I wouldn't use nothing but Optilocks

Lou

I used them on my 2 T3 LS rifles I had-just sold recently to the inlaws. All my Sako m75 rifles have the Optilock R & B setup with low rings. I have one rifle with the Ringmounts. My first Sako m75 rifle I bought new in summer of 1997 has not lost its zero. Only adjusted when I started to reload. Its been hunted with hard.

I use Warnes on my 7mm with no probs. Your wise to get better rings, my friend has a 270 and the factory rings didn't hold up against the recoil.

I'm one of the Talley fanboys and like their aluminum lightweight mounts but for harder recoiling calibers I use Talley steel mounts.

WARNE
9500 SW Tualatin Road
Tualatin, OR 97062
1-800-683-5590
503-657-5590
Fax: 503-657-5695
You will like them a lot as Leupold Tech sent me to them as they make bases and rings for several manufacturers out their ! Just ask for a tech and he can give you all the data you need or just order from them !

Back