Tough, Rugged Bastards

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Just wanted to throw out a plug for one of my buddies who wrote a pretty cool book about about how the Marine Corps entered USSOCOM. Anyhow, it’s on Amazon and if you’re an American, you should likely read it 😁

Name of of the book is Tough, Rugged Bastards written by John A Dailey.

Just wanted to throw out a plug for one of my buddies who wrote a pretty cool book about about how the Marine Corps entered USSOCOM. Anyhow, it’s on Amazon and if you’re an American, you should likely read it 😁

Name of of the book is Tough, Rugged Bastards written by John A Dailey.
Scotty, So just tonight we found out my brother in law, Major 2nd Ranger Bat. has been accepted into the USSOCOM Care coalition program. He has suffered from a variety of injuries suffered over his career having seen combat in every theater since Granada. He has been evaced from Panama, the Balkans and Afganistan; we nearly lost him there. Most recently his weight has dropped from a combat ready 250 to 157 pounds. He hasn’t weighed that little since the sixth grade. He’s been sick as hell, got shot to ribbons and then blown up. Internal organ damage on top of broken back and hip from the sandbox. Anyway, saw your acronym just after getting a note from my Sister regarding the Majors new care program through USSOCOM. I will be ordering the book.

Don, the SOF Care Coalition is an amazing organization. One good friend was burned over 95% of his body in Afghanistan. Serious wounds and as you can imagine it made his and his families life hell. Well, SOF CC had a home built in Texas, near the hospital for his family and it was specially designed for him to receive care. Eden passed 6 years after being blown up. I always send the SOF CC a bit of my retirement yearly since I know it’s going to the best cause.

I wish your brother some luck. Sounds like an old warrior.

Back