Very Nice!

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Finally made it into the Nosler retail outlet and took a good long look at all the various Nosler rifles on display. They're arranged left to right with the TGR on the left and the rather more expensive Nosler Custom on the far right. There's a neat looking (in an AR sort of way) Nosler AR somewhere near the middle of the display. Most of the rifles had synthetic stocks, but both the "Legacy" and the full "Custom" were stocked in nice walnut.

That full custom job is terrific! Should have taken some detailed photos of the metal work & the stock. Very impressive. The display model is a .280 AI...

The TGR on display is a 7-08 with the lightweight barrel contour. That rifle feels very light and handy! It appears to be a no-frills, lightweight hunting rifle, perfect for carrying into steep, high country for mountain game.

The Professional was chambered in .300 Win mag and had the magnum barrel contour. Very nice. Handled more like the rifles I'm used to. Again, a very nice rifle. All black looks very... Professional!

The Legacy rifle almost convinced me to add to my card balance... Of course I'm a sucker for walnut & blued steel. In this case, a nice matte-black cerrokote finish. Scotty & all you .35 fans... It's a Whelen... The walnut was nice, with some decent figure in the buttstock. The checkering was crisp & sharp. Inletting of the wood appeared superb to me. Dang. Quite a rifle.

The full custom differed more from the others than I anticipated. One of 500 built in .280 AI, it has a contrasting dark wood forend tip. The walnut stock is excellent! Machined into the action are the mounting bases for the quick-release rings! I didn't know that...

There - a quick look at the rifles I saw this morning. All were nice, some were exceptional.

Came out of there only lightly damaged by a new Nosler loading manual, a couple of ORANGE Nosler ball caps and some Nosler T-shirts.

Mike at the shop was very helpful and answered all of my questions. There's a couple of pronghorn mounts in the shop, one is his, a real nice Oregon antelope with jet black horns, taken with a muzzle loader. He seemed like a great guy and made my wife and I feel very welcome in the showroom.

Sorry guys, didn't take any photos.

Regards, Guy

You know that 35 Whelen would have been a great replacement for your 375 H&H ;) :lol:

gerry":2x65xl95 said:
You know that 35 Whelen would have been a great replacement for your 375 H&H ;) :lol:

Good man, Gerry; always taking care of your brothers on the forum.

Very cool! Glad you were able to check a few of them out. They are some really nice hunting rifles, that is for sure. I am looking forward to visiting again myself. They are a great group of folks.

Guy Miner":21bj39sh said:
The Legacy rifle almost convinced me to add to my card balance... Of course I'm a sucker for walnut & blued steel. In this case, a nice matte-black cerrokote finish. Scotty & all you .35 fans... It's a Whelen... The walnut was nice, with some decent figure in the buttstock. The checkering was crisp & sharp. Inletting of the wood appeared superb to me. Dang. Quite a rifle.

Glad the hear it. I took one off display at the S.H.O.T. show and have the same opinion about it. It is a sweet looking rig. I hope it shoots as good as it looks.

Back