Vortex Viper 3000HD

ksubuck

Handloader
Jun 25, 2014
Picked up this rangefinder prior to hunting this year. Midway USA had them on sale for $399.00. It had decent reviews and I knew it would out do my old Nikon 7i which never lived up to the hype.

I was pleasantly surprised with the performance of the Vortex. Very clear glass, easy to see red light (except in direct sunlight where it was a little difficult to pick out). What shoked me was the actual performance. Easily repeatable distances on nonreflective targets out to 2000 yards. Longest range of a non reflective target was 2600 yards on a patch of sage brush.

This little tool was way more than I needed or expected. Very nice for the 500 yard and in hunter. For the price, I recommend taking a look at one if you are shopping.

Always a treat to have a real-life review. Vortex has provided some very fine scopes and binos, so good to hear that the rangefinder is a keeper as well.

I have had the range finder out spotting wildlife several times this summer and find that it easily and repeatedly ranges 2500 to 2600 yards on nonreflective targets. Still very happy with it.

Back