Want to upgrade my chronograph

My Oehler is still working great and although I'm tempted to purchase the Labradar I'm very satisfied at this point with the Oehler. It takes just a little more to set up but accuracy is on the mark.

I used an Oehler 35P for many years. It is a very reliable unit and Oehler guarantees them for life. However, I was happy to sell the Oehler and got a LabRadar because of the ease of setup. The Oehler is difficult to set up on a range where others are shooting because it puts you in front of the firing line unit its properly set up. Some shooters aren't all that patient while you get everything in line. The other issue (for me) was that I will shoot at a few different backers (diff distances) and that required moving and aligning the Oehler each time, thus holding up the line. With the LabRadar, you just peer down the V notch and re-aim in 2 seconds. Switching back and forth is fast and easy.

Once you use a chronograph that is set up and adjusted at the bench, you'll never revert back to the over-the-screen type chronographs.

FWIW - the Oehlers still get a decent price on the used market for anyone interested in making the change.

Picked up a never used 35P for $75 a few years back. At this point in life I doubt I would use a new chronograph much as most of my shooting is only 100 yards. That being said I have some friends who do enjoy long range shooting and they use the Labradar. Now these guys would complain if there were an issue with it but it works great for them.

Back