WEATHERBY .338 LAPUA MAGNUM-Gift ready

CZ

Handloader
Jun 21, 2007
Ready for testing. stock blend of foliage Green, tan, black, od Green
metal work.- mil spec Green

finished just in time for my sons birthday, engraved Nov.13.2015 his 25th present.

Attachments

• IMG_6747.JPG
    IMG_6747.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_6748.JPG
    IMG_6748.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_6750.JPG
    IMG_6750.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_6752.JPG
    IMG_6752.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_6755.JPG
    IMG_6755.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_6760.JPG
    IMG_6760.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 459
CZ":2tgnpl8p said:
finished just in time for my sons birthday, engraved Nov.13.2015 his 25th present.

Could it be? I think you're my Dad? :mrgreen:

Kidding, that looks awesome! What a beast.

Very nice, CZ. I'm sure he will be pleased. Is this a surprise for him?

Dr. Mike will tell you the complete story.-

I started shooting when I was about 15, cause I had to buy my first gun..... my father didnt liked guns by the way he had a browning medalist I would have liked, I bought my first Rem 788 a .222 rem when I was 16, had to do a lot of chores to get the money....... went to the shooting club for window shooting only see had no money to pay fees. The years passed and worked a lot and started buying my toys.... first comercial Rem, Win70, sakos..... but something was missing WILDCATS.....started building rifles about 88s, had on those times most wildcats i could think, 7mm stw new on those years, 280ai, 338-06, 30375, 6mm mach iv....
but....
about the 93s something happened.... I lost interest..... had about 40 guns, sold them ALL and became a radio operator 1class CW. Morse code..... worked in radio almost all of the countries on the world very fast..... but in the 98 99 my son was 8 or 9 gut the bug...WANTED TO START SHOOTING......well well
I didnt had a rifle, nor a bullet, not a Club....Well I said to myself Joel buy him a .270 thats all that he needs..... well got a .270 old Remy 700 from the 60s, got it shooting straight and.....
well I said to myself I need another gun .... and the story starts again but amplified hihihi....
My son still conserves the old Rem by the way Works very good 20 in Factory barrel and an excellent old remy trigger, and I do some custom work for me and some selected people on this part of the world.
Your question, no he doesnt knows hope he will like it.... and conserve it , It will be a good way to remember the old man who build the rifle.

Joel,

I have no doubt that he will appreciate the rifle. My dad left me little other than character. I would have appreciate having some of his handmade tools from his blacksmith shop, but it was impossible with me living in Canada and him in the States at the time of his death. Your son will absolutely enjoy the rifle you are giving him. Congratulations on this good relationship.

Thanks for sharing CZ.

A .338Lapua on a MK V action might prove to be very accurate and deadly..

Congratulations with your son. He is very "giftet"....

thank you all for the nice comments, I feel this fórum like a family....Nosler Family.

Specs on the Weatherby.-

Benchmark 3 Groove barrel, fluted at 28.5 in.
Weatherby USA action, blueprinted. Minimun tolerances on all components.
Weatherby Factory stock.- reinforced at critical points, glass bedded Devcon 10110and floated barrel.
Cerakote mil spec Green on metal, microslick on bolt.
Cerakote foliage Green color base for stock, sponge painted in tan, black and od Green.
Weatherby trigger.
Talley bases and rings,
Leupold 30mm scope, dont remember model .

The first 15 shots today.....for sure the hammer of Thor..... those 285gr with 90 gr of
RL 25 for sure kicks......
will start load development with hornadys A max 285gr and Nosler AccuBond 300gr.
this rifle is lighter than my Montana and kicks a lil harder, lil dificult to concéntrate on the scope without the muzzlebreak, but will tell you something is fun.

Back