Weaver KV 2 3/4 X 5

TRIC

Beginner
Dec 14, 2005
What a find! I was made a gift of a fine old Winchester "Model of 1917" that had this scope mounted on it. The rifle has been sporterized, barrell cut to 24", blueing is superb, Timney trigger, superior grade stock. But the jewel of this is the scope. Ultra fine cross hairs, horizontal and vertical adjustments in working order, dial variable power adjustment in working order. Overall a superb package.

Just had to share.

Sounds like a real find! Give us a picture when you get a chance. I know I'd sure enjoy seeing what you have.

That is a pretty neat find. Consequently, the wood on that rifle has quite a bit of character. It looks good.

As I said at first, this was a gift. A young lady I work with came into position of several firearms from her fathers' estate. She knows that I am a hunter, told me that I reminded her of her father. She invited me over to have a look at what she had. I was impressed at what she had. She then told me to take any two I wanted. Couldn't do it. I told her that even one was too much. She insisted. This Winchester is the result.

Man, that is a sweet rifle! Glad you were able to get it. What is it chambered for?

I did a serial number search, made in May, 1918. 30-06!

That is a fine loading rifle hopefully you will get
To the range full report & photos.

Blessings,
Dan

TRIC":frhmm98n said:
I did a serial number search, made in May, 1918. 30-06!

Wow, what a score. Now that is a real 30-06 right there! Very nice looking rifle as well. Are you going to get it out for a little range time?

My favorite '06 load, 57gr of H4350 with 165PT. Will back off a bit and see what this gun likes. Will post more pics, range results and all in a few days. Thanks for the comments.

Back