Wet tumbling, or how to end up with two tumblers

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
So a few days ago I saw a hardly used Lortone QT12 tumbler on the local Craigslist. I made a decent offer and the owner accepted it.
Then I was unable to get a response from him.
Thinking the tumbler had been sold and after watching some you tube vids I decided to purchase the Harbor Freight double tumbler. So armed with a 20% off coupon and willing to chance a disappointment, (I've actually had good luck with some of the Harbor Freight products if I don't abuse them), I made the purchase and headed for lunch.

Lo and behold I check my phone at lunch and the owner of the Lortone tumbler texted me asking if I was still interested. Not willing to pass up a good deal, I texted him back and he said he had the tumbler at work near the town I was shopping in. I just had enough time to make the short drive to meet him for the exchange when he got off work which saved me a couple hours of driving.
I think I'll keep them both.
I saw a neat thing on you tube where a guy took an empty Reloader 19 bottle, put a few rubber bands on it for traction and it made a neat barrel that just fit the Harbor Freight tumbler. Waterproof and cheap if it wears out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol. I started wet molly tumbling my bullets and now I have two tumblers. I laughed at little at that part.

Back