Would it be great to work at Nosler?

orchemo

Handloader
Dec 13, 2006
For those of you who have never been to Bend, Oregon. This picture was taken today at Mt Bacholer, which is about 20 minutes from Bend. Great blue bird day of skiing.

270377E7-F0E6-4FF8-9583-B962C11BFBD2_zps1dkayqqn.jpg

Had a job back in the winter of 81-82 running snow cat up at Bachelor. Dang that was fun. Mountain has grown, the ski area, an awful lot since then. We use to ride the "black chair" up. Then hike to the top to ski down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always thought that on the stormy nights, driving a snow cat must be a little
nervous if you get dis-orientated. Some of the areas are mighty steep.

Nice!!! Stay warm. I live a couple hours east of you and the highest temperature we have seen in the last two weeks here was 34 degrees. It's a regular skating rink here!

Dale

I was 25 years old, quite full of myself. I was still logging then, spring summer fall. The ground we logged was steep, Bachelor was a cakewalk:) I did manage to get myself into a few predicaments. My guess is corporate still has a policy not to hire anymore logging cat operators.

Yeah maybe I could entice them to make a 200gr .358 Partition and more .358 bullets for us to buy.
It's all Scotty's fault that I'm a 35 caliber nut. (y)

Baltz. Cougar camp dates set for this year. Lots of snow should move the deer.

Eric

salmonchaser":zo3xp55m said:
I was 25 years old, quite full of myself. I was still logging then, spring summer fall. The ground we logged was steep, Bachelor was a cakewalk:) I did manage to get myself into a few predicaments. My guess is corporate still has a policy not to hire anymore logging cat operators.
lol OMG now that is funny!

Only problem with working for Nosler is having to live in Oregon. Lol. Might as well live in craziland. Beautiful country run by leftist loons. If common sense ever outweighed the hippy factor, I'd jump on. Till then, I'll stick to the year-round hunting and 2A champion Texas, where I live.

While it's true Oregon has more than its share of crazy loons, thankfully they mostly live in Portland, Salem and Eugene. Unfortunately they like to spend weekends in Bend. The rest of the state is wonderfully conservative.

orchemo":2ji0iu9k said:
Baltz. Cougar camp dates set for this year. Lots of snow should move the deer.

Eric
Did you get any other pictures from the top? looking south would be another informative shot. With all the other lakes shown

Come to Utah...work for Barnes instead! 30 minutes from several ski slopes, nice climate, good work ethic, good politics, good diversity of people and I can direct you to "at least one" good church! :)

Back