Burris Warranty

gerry

Ammo Smith
Mar 1, 2007
I have several items that are broken or not working right such as a Leupold 8x40 AO scope with a broken crosshair, Leica rangefinder that won't range past 200 yards or so and a Burris 2-7x35 Fullfield II that had the insides shake loose at the range from a 35 Whelen. I thought it would be interesting to everyone to see how each company resolves these issues and report back.

My other 2 Burris scopes have been solid and I still really like the product but we will see how their "forever warranty" works. I am not anticipating any trouble though. The scope has to go to Stoeger in Ontario and after that I assume they will ship it to Greeley Colorado. They say 4-6 weeks on the warranty form so we will see how long it takes. It's getting shipped out today, the Leupold and Leica will head out on the weekend most likely.

Fascinating, Gerry. What are you doing that is so hard on your optics? Korth will care for the Leupold, though I did have to pay for repairs on my one Leupold sent it. In fairness, the tube was out of round after the carry strap broke, dropping the rifle onto rocks. Leica rangefinders are only warrantied for five years, as is true for most other laser rangefinders. I'll definitely be watching to see your experience.

JD, I do remember reading that which is partly why I put up this thread. We will see how things work out and I will be reporting back whether good or bad how things work out. Time will tell...... :)

Mike, I don't try to be hard on equipment :) The Burris gave up the ghost at the range and had never been hunted at that point, I just never got around to sending it till now. I was mounting the Leupold on my 260 Rem when I heard the crosshair snap :( thankfully I had an extra Burris that has been solid. The Leica I don't know why it is acting that way but I do expect an expensive rangefinder to be better than to only range to 200 yards.

Haven't sent off the Leica yet and haven't heard anything yet from Stoeger. Burris says on their website 4-6 weeks so it may be a while yet.

I'm not anticipating any problems, time will tell.

They are good scopes for the money and generally pretty tough too. The new C4 scope they are putting out is a great product from what I'm reading so far. Actually they have a lot of new stuff this year which looks good.

A brand new Burris FF II 2-7x35 showed up and I was able to pick it up today. Took 7 weeks turn around time, I shipped to Stoeger in Ontario and they took care of the rest. I have to say in this case their warranty is excellent and didn't mind waiting a while for them to take care of it. I would rate them a 9 out of 10 compared to Leupold which only took around 2 1/2 weeks but with Leupold I only had to ship over to Alberta. I would certainly buy another Burris product.

I think that, from all indications, that Burris is trying to turn their branding image around. Ever since they joined up in partnership with Steiner they have been working on making both brands of scopes better.

Thanks gerry for the update. I have never owned a Burris product but with what you have now reported I would not be afraid to give them a try :)!

Blessings,
Dan

I just put it on Maria's 6.5x55 and she likes it so far :) I have been a Leupold and Burris fan and don't see that changing anytime soon.

Gerry,

Glad to hear that it worked out well for you.

JD338

I've owned a few, never had a problem with there warranty work (what little They've have done for me) for the money very hard to beat.... Looking at a c4 now

Back