7mm-08, 140 Partition, Oregon Elk

pharmseller

Handloader
Feb 13, 2012
Opening weekend, broadside at 68 yards, never knew I was there.

140 Partition, MV 2873 ft/sec, 47.5 grains Big Game, WLR primer, 2.805". 91.2 grains, found under the hide on the opposite side. Broke the left scapula, missed the big shoulder joint.

[/URL

P

Nice elk, congrats. Looks like the Partition worked to perfection and that elk certainly didn't like the 7mm-08.

Congratulations on a dandy bull. The 7mm 140 gr PT looks picture perfect.

JD338

wayno945":2y2gkni9 said:
Very nice, is that a rocky mt or roosevelt bull?

Roosevelt bull.

He took two steps forward, paused for half a heartbeat, then staggered the two steps backward to die in the tracks where he was shot.

Which happened to be a loooong way from the trailhead.

P

Congrats on the Oregon bull!

Outstanding. And yes, they do seem to fall a long way from the trailhead... :mrgreen:

Oh my goodnesss, another bull elk falls to a hunter who is not using an artillery piece! Cool :grin:

Regards, Guy

NYDAN":3dvjrjfq said:
Picture perfect -both the bull and the bullet.

It gets better - I had my dad, brother, and brother's son with me. They were only a mile or two away. It was my nephew's first elk hunting trip, so I let him drop the guts. We all helped with the skinning but since my brother wanted to try his hand at boning out I let him do that.

I barely got bloody. Brilliant!

P

pharmseller":356jxk57 said:
NYDAN":356jxk57 said:
Picture perfect -both the bull and the bullet.

It gets better - I had my dad, brother, and brother's son with me. They were only a mile or two away. It was my nephew's first elk hunting trip, so I let him drop the guts. We all helped with the skinning but since my brother wanted to try his hand at boning out I let him do that.

I barely got bloody. Brilliant!

P

Nice! :mrgreen:

JD338

DUDE ! :( Everybody knows you can't hunt elk with anything short of a 338 Win Mag ! Just read the popular post if you don't believe me.

Now, go right back there and shoot that elk with a proper elk rifle, and then come back and tell us how great it worked.

Shame on you..................

Back