Bulls Bag X7 System

Brian that is a great photograph and the best part is your youngster. Days with you are going to be with him forever and in this day & age a lot of children don't have those memories.
Also the rest system looks solid and it will do you well :)

Blessings,
Dan

So - are these bags legal for F-Class prone competition?

How about Benchrest matches?

I don't know what the requirements for rests are in those disciplines.

Thanks, Guy

Well my pre filled Pro Series bag arrived yesterday and all I can say is wow. Have not had time to try it out for real but I did place a rifle in the saddle to lock it in and it's a tight fit, I think it will work very well. Now for first glance quality thoughts. My first impression is this bag looks and feels like it was done right and no corners were cut to make it. Stitching is nice and tight through out, shoulder strap is a heavy duty material and sewn in well as to not come loose when packing the 32lb filled bag. The bags outer material is made of what seems to be the ever so tough cordura material which would last a life time of abuse. Over all this product seems top notch in every way that I can see for a long life of use. Just my .02

Can't wait to try it at the range but temps are too high for me to want to go. Maybe next week.

Bill

OU812":32si72um said:
Well my pre filled Pro Series bag arrived yesterday and all I can say is wow. Have not had time to try it out for real but I did place a rifle in the saddle to lock it in and it's a tight fit. Can't wait to try it at the range but temps are too high for me to want to go. Maybe next week.

Bill

Bill,

Congratulations on your Pro Series Bills Bag. Wow seems to be the first word we say when we first look at the Bulls Bag. :mrgreen:
I can assure you that you will not be disappointed when you get it out to the range.
Post a picture of the Pro Series so the rifle only shooters can take a peek at it.

JD338

Matt "The Spotter" has been helping me at the range and having a good time hanging out. He likes running the Chrono and calling out the reading for me. He has yet to step up and help with the 300 RUM load work :lol: Still working on his spotter duties since he likes looking for deer and ninjas with the scope.

OU812":2o0xtid5 said:
Well my pre filled Pro Series bag arrived yesterday and all I can say is wow. Have not had time to try it out for real but I did place a rifle in the saddle to lock it in and it's a tight fit, I think it will work very well. Now for first glance quality thoughts. My first impression is this bag looks and feels like it was done right and no corners were cut to make it. Stitching is nice and tight through out, shoulder strap is a heavy duty material and sewn in well as to not come loose when packing the 32lb filled bag. The bags outer material is made of what seems to be the ever so tough cordura material which would last a life time of abuse. Over all this product seems top notch in every way that I can see for a long life of use. Just my .02

Can't wait to try it at the range but temps are too high for me to want to go. Maybe next week.

Bill

Pictures added in original post.

Bill, That looks great. Your report should be a good one. Brian, your "spotter" is a great one. Congratulations on having a young chap so interested.

Well I got the chance to use my new Pro Series Bulls bag this afternoon and just like at the house the rifle locks into place and is very rock solid. As for felt recoil reduction, well, to be honest, if I did not know I brought my 8mm mag and was shooting 220 grain bullets I would have never guessed it. The 8mm mag recoil felt like a 7mm or 300wm which may not seem like a lot of felt reduction but let me assure you it is.

I really like the system and thanks goes out to JD338 for introducing me to it and to Marshall for making such an easy to use very versatile rock solid shooting bag system.

Bill

Bill,

The Bulls Bag system really works well as you just experienced. Glad you are happy with your purchase.

Mike,

Did we convince ya yet? :mrgreen:

JD338

Jim,

I suspect I'll have an X7 system set up shortly. I just spent all my credit on scopes and rifles, however. Now, I need to do some load development so I can build up a credit again and put a bit of money in my pocket.

OU812":17pasgu5 said:
I really like the system and thanks goes out to JD338 for introducing me to it and to Marshall for making such an easy to use very versatile rock solid shooting bag system.

Bill

Yeah, I think I am sold.. Might need to order em up here shortly... I have a little bench work to do.

DrMike":1duv25oz said:
Jim,

I suspect I'll have an X7 system set up shortly. I just spent all my credit on scopes and rifles, however. Now, I need to do some load development so I can build up a credit again and put a bit of money in my pocket.

Mike,

If you are only going to shoot rifles, take a look at the Pro Series like Bill bought. Difference is that you can make up different configurations with the X7 where as the Pro Series is just the one configuration. Both will give you rock solid stability.

I used my X7 System to zero in my S&W 629 Classic with the new VX-3 2.5-8x32mm scope. The smaller bags within the X7 System worked perfectly.

JD338

Thanks, Jim. In fact, it is the Pro Series that I'm looking at. Since I have it available, I'll likely fill it with silica sand, as well.

DrMike":39slhm4n said:
Thanks, Jim. In fact, it is the Pro Series that I'm looking at. Since I have it available, I'll likely fill it with silica sand, as well.

Good choice Mike, you will be very happy with it.
Bulls Bag used Kitty Litter for fill, it is somewhat lighter than sand.

JD338

When I order, I'll speak with them about that. I know that the bags that are commonly sold around here are filled with kitty litter.

Mike,

Kitty litter gives the same result as sand but is 20% lighter.

JD338

The down side is that would take away one of my major reasons to complain. "Oh, this is sooooo heavy." I relish the opportunity to bellyache and moan. :grin: That sounds great, Jim.

Doesn't kitty litter absorb moisture? I filled a front bag with air soft pellets in an effort to minimize the weight. It actually worked out pretty good but you would need to find it in bulk for a Bulls Bag. I think you can get polystyrene pellets or some such similar product.

Charlie-NY":2bsu9jri said:
Doesn't kitty litter absorb moisture? I filled a front bag with air soft pellets in an effort to minimize the weight. It actually worked out pretty good but you would need to find it in bulk for a Bulls Bag. I think you can get polystyrene pellets or some such similar product.

Charlie,

No more than sand. I asked the question already. :mrgreen:

JD338

Back