Grizzly. Alaska. Sept 2017.

Congrats on the hunt Guy. That is seriously awesome!

Can't wait to hear about it all.

Congratulations Guy. I know all of us here are happy for you and a little jealous too. What outfitter did you chose and how long is your hunt? Did you add any "side species?"

Guy,

Congratulations! That is the hunt of a lifetime.
Looking forward to hearing about all the prep work that will be going into the hunt.

JD338

Holy carp Guy that is so cool. Now I'm going to be dreaming grizzly hunts vicariously through you until you go on the darn thing! I'm as excited for you as you are for you! Is that possible? Me thinks that it is! (y) (y) :!:

Make sure you get yourself one of those awesome bullet proof rifle cases to take it on the plane in. I think the scope you have would fit your need just perfectly but then again that 2.5-8x36mm Leupold is a sweet-heart!

David

Sounds like you have everything all lined up very well! Now the hard part is the wait. Who did you end up booking thru?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good for you Guy (y)!! I am sure that your 375 Hurt & Hurt is going to do the job for you!!
Are you doing this with a couple of friends?

Blessings,
Dan

Guy -

That is great news!!! I am especially envious but good for you! I have seen coyotes shot with a .375 before, so it should work great for mule deer, grizzly bears, t-rex etc. :)

Be sure to take a lot of pictures and get yourself a nice big bear skin!

Dale

Wonderful news, Guy! Wow! Just, Wow! The excitement will begin to build to a crescendo as the dreams of a lifetime come together. We're all pulling for you.

Outstanding Guy!
I'm pulling for you and look forward to the report with plenty of pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations Guy you will have a wonderful time I'm sure. Of course being in top physical condition will make it much more enjoyable for you but you are a workout machine :)

Mountain grizzlies aren't that big on average but are full of attitude and have beautiful colors compared to coastal bears so I hope you find a beauty. The reason I bring up size is you won't need a really heavy bullet in that 375 for an animal that might weigh around 400-500 pounds. Of course they can get bigger too but to me for a mountain grizzly a 250-270 gr bullet in that 375 would be just perfect. It would shoot a bit flatter and handle the wind a bit better in case you end up shooting your bear at 200-250 yards. Anyway those are my thoughts on the matter from someone that also loves to hunt bears.

You will have a blast :)

Guy,
Alaskan Grizzly...... simply awsome! Glad everything came together for you. Could Africa be just around the corner?

Scott

Thanks for all the enthusiasm guys - I've got to control mine 'cause the hunt isn't for another year and a half!

Guy

Back