Model 21 issues

PNickJeff

Beginner
Jan 5, 2022
I have already commented on other threads but I wanted to make my own post so that anyone who is looking for reviews on the model 21 can easily find this and be informed before making a decision. To be fair this review is on the 6.5 prc caliber and nosler customer service so far. It’s a beautiful gun and it feels great and I have heard good things from folks who have purchased other calibers that have guns that actually shoot. The short version is that mine and it appears all the 6.5prc rifles will not feed and cycle ammo! Please visit the rokslide forum for a growing number of posts. This would have been a simple check from the factory but it was obviously not done. So far the my gun and several others that I know of and perhaps more are back at nosler. My gun has been there 2 weeks now! No time line has been given, no solution has been given, no “we are sorry we messed up has been said” No offer to refund or offer another caliber rifle. This is not a one time mistake but a design flaw. It’s also complete laziness to not check the gun before it leaves. I work hard for my money and $1,900 is a lot for me to spend on a gun that I can’t shoot. I am sure they will fix the gun and get it back to me eventually. However the customer service so far is terrible. I have to call and email numerous times to get someone on the phone. Also I have been told something different from what the other guys have in regards to the guns being checked before they leave! All of it so far has left a bad taste in my mouth and I will most likely sell it when I get back unless nosler can convince me continue to buy there products.

This has made me wonder if QC on their bullets might be lacking as well. Their rifle division has a storied history of crap QC and CS.

This has made me wonder if QC on their bullets might be lacking as well. Their rifle division has a storied history of crap QC and CS.
Where there is smoke there is fire! There is obviously a management problem and lack of quality control procedures on the gun building. Also there are cheap software systems that can help manage customer services calls and emails so that you can remember to respond to everyone in a timely matter!

This really is a shame. I was planning on ditching my rifle when I finally got it back from them, but it's truly a very nice rifle and there's very little out there in a 6 Creed hunting rifle. Had I not suffered the CS experience I did with them, and had there not been an ongoing history of crap QC and CS, I could have easily become a Nosler rifle fan boy and started filling my safe with them.

Back