Lever Action Rifles

I too have a Marlin and a Winchester in 356 Win, as well as in the 375 Win. So cool having the two sets of twins!
The Marlins are scoped, whereas the Winchesters remain open sighted. The 356 is currently mounted by a Swarovski 39-9x36, and the 375 set has a Leupold 1.75-6x36. Have yet to take any game with either 356, whereas the Marlin 375 has accounted for black bear, moose and caribou.
My pre-81 BLR in 358 Win has a Leupold 1.5-5x20. The rifle has taken elk, moose and backed up DrMike on grizzly.
Other levers include Marlins in 41 Rem Mag, 410, 35 Rem, and 30-30; and Winchesters in a 94 30-30, and rebarreled Model 88's in 250 Savage, 7mm-08 and 338 Federal. The triplet 88's are scoped with Leupold 2.5-8x36's, the latter 2 w/ B&C reticles. looking forward to hunting with these 3! (The 338 Federal has taken a nice woodland caribou)

sounds like a lever action rifle works well on large game ;)

We may run out of wood leigh bullets before they are back in production. what are you guys using in your 71,s ?

sounds like a lever action rifle works well on large game ;)

We may run out of wood leigh bullets before they are back in production. what are you guys using in your 71,s ?

The 200 Swift A-Frame is a deep penetrating bullet that would serve you well I believe. I've used that bullet and it's a good one. Unfortunately they are showing all their lever series bullets unavailable right now.

Hammer bullets make a bullet for the 348. It would be much lighter than you are used to shooting as it's only 157 grains. But it is an all copper bullet so it might penetrate just as well as much heavier bullets on the big stuff. They are showing in stock. https://hammerbullets.com/product-tag/348/

Hawk bullets make a whole range of 348 that I would think would serve your needs. From 165 up thru 270 grains. You would have to call or email them to check on availability. Their phone # is: (856) 299-2800.

The 200 Swift A-Frame is a deep penetrating bullet that would serve you well I believe. I've used that bullet and it's a good one. Unfortunately they are showing all their lever series bullets unavailable right now.

Hammer bullets make a bullet for the 348. It would be much lighter than you are used to shooting as it's only 157 grains. But it is an all copper bullet so it might penetrate just as well as much heavier bullets on the big stuff. They are showing in stock. https://hammerbullets.com/product-tag/348/

Hawk bullets make a whole range of 348 that I would think would serve your needs. From 165 up thru 270 grains. You would have to call or email them to check on availability. Their phone # is: (856) 299-2800.
Thank you

Does anyone know if someone bought the Alaska Bullet works equipment after he passed and reopened that shop ?

I think my grandfather spoke to Hammer, so maybe, thank you. And Hawk is an option for sure. Swift does work but we see the same thing--out of stock, but we may call them.

I may just go back to the bow ;)

this might be an option in July, however hunting the white bear, muskox and walrus in Jan could be problematic, but definitely would fit into the framework of want the antis would consider fair chase

If you've never done it, you'll find Muskox and Walrus to be very anti-climactic.

Hey, thanks for posting that. Pretty good video, and I enjoyed.

Regards, Guy
Indeed, a delightful video all the way through. I enjoyed seeing the soap production, but enjoyed watching as his daughter dropped that buck. Delightful video.

If you've never done it, you'll find Muskox and Walrus to be very anti-climactic.
a few times--and--not always anti-climatic, depends on location of animal, time of year and water/land, when it is hunted. Just getting there can be the hard part in Nunavut, but for muskox, a bit easier in Greenland.

Indeed, a delightful video all the way through. I enjoyed seeing the soap production, but enjoyed watching as his daughter dropped that buck. Delightful video.
I agree, very nice

I had a Marlin 336 CS chambered in .30-30 that I gave to my son. I offered to trade him anything in my gun safe to get it back a few years ago and he turned me down flat. I have since gone out and picked up two Browning BLR's - a Lightweight Takedown in .300 WSM and a Lightweight '81 in .308. I love them.

IMG_3443.jpg

I even gave my son my .30-06 and my .338 Win Mag to sweeten the deal. No dice. It worked out in the end...he gave me his West Point graduation pistol from the Colt Custom Shop.

Back