US Capitol Under Siege

It wasn't the White House that the Jan 6th people got into it was the Capital Building. Trump offered the National Guard and Pelosi and Bowser refused to use them. The FBI dropped the ball as well and had people involved. How in the world the people are still detained to this day without having a trial or being charged blows my mind. Nothing like jailing political prisoners. The whole thing stinks of a setup IMO.

It wasn't the White House that the Jan 6th people got into it was the Capital Building. Trump offered the National Guard and Pelosi and Bowser refused to use them. The FBI dropped the ball as well and had people involved. How in the world the people are still detained to this day without having a trial or being charged blows my mind. Nothing like jailing political prisoners. The whole thing stinks of a setup IMO.
True, dat. Government bureaucracies appear to have been weaponized in a war against the Constitution and those who dare live by the tenets it presents.

Many years ago there was a radio show called, "The Life of Riley". The principle character was one Chester A. Riley, a bit of a bumbler who always got into trouble. When confronted with his faux pas, his usual comment was, "What a revolting development this is." Somehow it seem appropriate to this thread.
Paul B.

I'd like to say something in regards to this issue. I have a good friend that was there when the whole fiasco started. He was outside the gate when it started, taking videos of the incident from the beginning until they were asked to leave. He told me that the gates were opened by the officers in attendance and the people were allowed in and told where to stand. It was very orderly and again he took videos. There were people other than Trump supporters in attendance and they were the ones stirring up the problems. He subsequently left after all was said and done and at a point down the road he was visited by the FBI. I'm not going to say anything further as he is still in litigation and is going through a nightmare.

Thank you for this update. I know that those who want to know are aware of this, and those seeking only to advance an agenda against decency will ignore it.

A comment from across the pond:
You were always portrait to be the role model for democracy.
Actually, since I have to rely on Press-Reports I do not have an opinion anymore.
I just hope you manage to work things out and be/represent THE democracy again.
From the outside it looks as if both sides work on their own agenda more than working for the people.

A comment from across the pond:
You were always portrait to be the role model for democracy.
Actually, since I have to rely on Press-Reports I do not have an opinion anymore.
I just hope you manage to work things out and be/represent THE democracy again.
From the outside it looks as if both sides work on their own agenda more than working for the people.
Tragically perceptive.

Maybe having more than two parties isn't the worst idea. They have to make coalitions, talk, find comprise.
Not perfect, either. But if you allow the opinion of a foreigner: you remind me of Verdun: to parties in their trenches and the other one is the enemy.
Though both sides are there to do the best for the people. Yes - the idea of what that is differ greatly.
But splitting you up to two sides? I don't see a good end here.
Finding a middle way might help.
We have and green minister of exterior and economy.
They are supporting Ukraine much more than the party of our Chancellor.
I was sure I would NEVER say that - I don't like quite a lot of what they did in the past - but currently I have to say I am happy to have them in government.

Last edited:
Thank you for this update. I know that those who want to know are aware of this, and those seeking only to advance an agenda against decency will ignore it.
Doc, I was very hesitant in saying anything at all on this issue but there is so much information going around that is false I thought it was time to clear the air a little bit.

Back