Recent content by Blkram

  1. Blkram

    .35 Whelen 225gr Sierra Gameking into Gel

    The nice thing with the AccuBonds is how easy they seem to find good loads for, and they are usually very accurate. And on-game performance has been great!
  2. Blkram

    Quick Load 250 Savage

    Sorry, I am not sure how to copy QL tables to this site like others can... But it looks like you could use up to the following, in your rifle and requested specs: Nosler 100 gr Partitions: CFE223: 40.9 gr @ 3126 fps Re-17: 41.6 gr @ 3190 fps Win 748: 37.4 gr @ 3098 fps Varget: 37.3 gr @ 3049...
  3. Blkram

    .35 Whelen 225gr Sierra Gameking into Gel

    Very nice mushroom! Can't much better than that! I have really liked the performance of SGK on game over the years, in other calibers. I am shooting HSM factory ammo, and handloading the same bullet in my 358 Win (LH custom Rem 700 with a 22" McGowan barrel). The HSM ammo gets 2408 fps (.642"...
  4. Blkram

    224 Wby 7-22-26 Upaded 8-23-26

    Also shows how the decoppering agents are working well in these newer powders. Just read an article in the new Rifle magazine regarding the Top 10 Reloaded Rifle Cartridges that noted similar results in testing factory ammo, and then handloads with a StaBall powder and another newer powder that...
  5. Blkram

    300 WSM Load Development

    It is an easy rabbit hole to go down! 🤔 And we all tend to do it, to some degree, trying to wring out that extra bit of performance from our firearms, so you are definitely not alone! (Even if we would like to practice KISS!) But I will admit that it is all part of the fun of this hobby. 😄 I...
  6. Blkram

    Back from Cerakote

    Looks like your efforts are paying off all the way around... A new shooter that is performing well, And some predator control that keeps you in good standing with the land owner that allows you to keep deer hunting on good land! Sounds like a win, win, win situation to me!
  7. Blkram

    2026 Hunting Season

    Hunting antelope is fun! 😄 Have taken 3 with the bow and one with the rifle so far. Looking forward to hunting them again with the 25 CM.
  8. Blkram

    Follow-up to Douglas Barrels discussion 07/14/26

    Gotta like it when the owner takes it on himself...instead of delegating it to a staff member who would have less vested interest in the end result of customer service.
  9. Blkram

    Anyone tried the Browning X Bolt 2 rifles yet?

    If I hadn't have been young and foolish...and in need of money while moving to the big city...I would have liked to keep that 280. I liked the A Bolts ability to reload the magazine without taking it out of the rifle. I think the DM that clipped into the floor plate made for a secure mag that...
  10. Blkram

    Barnes 130gn TTSX TAC load in .308 Win vs .30-06

    Changing your shot placement when using mono metal bullets may be the right decision...as I have been reading and hearing about more people experiencing less than expected performance on lighter big game when bone is not struck (or the central nervous system) to impart more energy on the animal...
  11. Blkram

    300 WSM Load Development

    I would just caution using loads over the 65K psi in a modern action, as that is what they are spec'd for (+Peak chamberings in rifles approved for them, not withstanding)...not to mention the additional throat erosion you'll get which will shorten the life of his barrel. The velocity sounds...
  12. Blkram

    Anyone tried the Browning X Bolt 2 rifles yet?

    My first Browning was an A Bolt Composite Stalker in 280 Rem back in 1992. It shot great and I loaded my first handloads for it with 162 gr Hdy BTSPs, with a max charge of IMR4350 IIRC. It would put 5 into an inch at 100 yards. I took a couple of mule deer with it back then, one in BC and one in...
  13. Blkram

    Semi Custom Rifles

    I sent an email to MOA Rifles this morning asking about a potential build. I received a positive non-canned reply back in very short order. No other manufacturer has responded as quickly in recent (and not-so-recent) memory! A good sign that their customer service is pretty good. Will see how...
  14. Blkram

    300 WSM Load Development

    I have pretty much used my supply of WXR for the 300 WSM and 180 gr AccuBonds. (My rifle has a 23 1/2" barrel) I did have good results (sub-MOA) with N-165 as well. (Sorry, I did not chrony this load back in the day (2003) as I did not have one) The only other bullets I tried loads for were...
  15. Blkram

    Barnes 130gn TTSX TAC load in .308 Win vs .30-06

    Good looking loads there! 😎 At 3248 fps you should get good expansion on game, and should perform like they were hit by a bolt of lightning! (I have always been impressed by what a 160 gr bullet from my 7MM STW at 3222 fps has done on all game, from antelope to elk over the years; quick, clean...
Back
Top