Recent content by Hunter26

  1. Hunter26

    2026 Hunting Season

    Excellent, well done!
  2. Hunter26

    Semi Custom Rifles

    It's awesome we have so many choices and that factory rifles are so good. I have bone stock Rem 700's, M70, X-Bolt 2, Mark V, Encore and a couple Tikkas that all shoot better than I can. I've never felt lacking with them. However I dabbled in the custom world a little when I sent a Rem 700 to a...
  3. Hunter26

    Anyone tried the Browning X Bolt 2 rifles yet?

    I bought a Browning X-Bolt 2 shortly after they came out and it's been an awesome rifle. I had an A-Bolt growing up, as well as my dad and we're both Browning fans. I never had a Gen 1 X-Bolt so I can't compare the original to the Gen 2. I bought the SPR version in 7mm PRC and run it with a...
  4. Hunter26

    Barnes 130gn TTSX TAC load in .308 Win vs .30-06

    1.8 grains of powder is not enough of a difference in the increased case capacity of the 30-06. That combined with the faster burn rate and lower pressure equals less velocity. With the correct powder, the 30-06 will outperform the 308 all day.
  5. Hunter26

    2026 Hunting Season

    I'm on the board now, shot a 96 lb doe yesterday AM. Big lone doe came out around 730 and fed a while. I've been seeing groups of does on camera but no others appeared. This was first blood for my 257 Weatherby in an Accumark. Load is 110gr Hornady Interbonds, H1000, Norma brass & Federal...
  6. Hunter26

    Be Careful!!- Whats wrong w/ this picture?

    Can't say I've had this happen. Worst thing I've seen was I split a case of Remington-UMC .223 Rem with a friend and about one round per box of 20 had a cracked neck.
Back
Top