117g Hornady Interlock vs dry newsprint test

Bobnob
I'm biased here as the 250 AI I have is very accurate and fun to shoot, but I'd leave it in 250 vs 257.
If 2980 fps with an AccuBond won't kill it I doubt 150 fps more will with the same bullet. :lol: :lol: If that's the problem get a bigger rifle :grin:

Neat bullet test by the way.

Great info Bobnob. I'm looking forward to your comparison of the two. Im currently looking for a bullet to make my 25-06 hit as hard as it can. The Federal loaded 115 partitions shot less than half inch groups for me, but I've yet to find a handload with it that will break an inch and half. (The factory loaded bullets have a different nose profile than the unloaded ones) With 110 ABs and IBs as scarce as they are those 117 interlocks look like they're definitely worth a try.

I stocked up on 110 gr AB's the last time they were available. I still have a couple 100 Partitions and about 300, 110 AB's. The AB's in all calibers disappear each year until hunting season?

Harv6":13d9ja9s said:
Great info Bobnob. I'm looking forward to your comparison of the two. Im currently looking for a bullet to make my 25-06 hit as hard as it can. The Federal loaded 115 partitions shot less than half inch groups for me, but I've yet to find a handload with it that will break an inch and half. (The factory loaded bullets have a different nose profile than the unloaded ones) With 110 ABs and IBs as scarce as they are those 117 interlocks look like they're definitely worth a try.

Harv, I would tweak the seating depth some. Chances are if you get them to shoot in factory loads they will shoot, you just might have to find that spot where your specific bullets wanna shoot.

I have the 110g Accubonds on the way, they should be ready for a comparative WET newspaper test against the 117g Interlock by next weekend. Really keen to see how they shoot too!

Me too Bob. I'd like a 250 Savage or Ackley I think. Be a fun little rifle.

Back