130g E-Tip

Hank Hunter

Beginner
May 14, 2006
Got my hands on a box of 130g E-Tips for my 270 Win. Never loaded E-Tips before. Looking for advice on powder to use and where to find load data, I have the Nosler # 6 manual. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hank,

The E-Tip has a long bearing surface which can spike pressures. You will want to use the mid range loads listed in RG #6 as your max load. Look at H4831 and RL 22.

JD338

+1 with H4831SC and R22 powders. You also might try using magnum primer's working up you load especially in the cold weather hunting for a little better consistancy. Besides using the medium loads listed for the other bullets as your max possibly as JD338 said, you need to seat the E-tips a little deeper. Nosler recommends .050-.100 off the lands. In the bullet box it should have a little slip of paper that suggests both of these thoughts. My son is using the E-tip in his 6mm Remington, and he shot his first elk this year, a large cow last Thursday. It performed perfectly and even exited her off side shoulder. We were hoping to recover one, but from the wound channel it sure appears to have performed perfectly. Good luck and I hope this helps.

100_3195.jpg

100_3196.jpg

100_3197.jpg

The one on the left is a 130 ET out of a 270 WSM @ 200 yards. The rioht ones are 200 gr ET out of a 338 WM @ 200 yards. Both lost 2 grains of weight. They are one good looking bullet.

Those are some fine, informative pictures. I haven't recovered an E-Tip yet. I'll keep looking, however.

Hank,

I have had my best accuracy, along with others here loading the E-Tip .100" off the lands.

JD338

WOW! jmad81
Your recoveries don't have any "V"s between the peddals. All of mine do.
VERY VERY INTERESTING

Any measurments on those?

I want to shoot a few at water jugs with a striking velocity of 1800 fps just to see.........

I got one from the dirt @ 600 from the 338 WM, I'll see if I can find it and snap a pic for ya.

Back