140 AB from a 7-08 rem

I guess elk are no match for the 140 AB.... Nice!

My wife's Steyr Mountain Classic likes the 140gr AB, and I too am hoping that my rebarrelled Win Model 88 in 7mm-08 will also like the 140gr AB!

did a 7MM-08 test on doe day one time ,, 140 grain Ballistic tips and 140 Accubonds , same load , primer etc ,,, shot 2 different does in the same trail at the same yardage 65 ,, shot placement was exactly the same , double lung full broadside , standing still .

1st was AccuBond , at the impact deer cow kicked and ran down the trail crossing road and went out of sight .

2nd was Ballistic tips, deer cow kicked and ran maybe 25 yards and fell back on her back .

post mortem reviled both deer the entrance had hit rib going in , both exited , the Ballistic tip did far more tissue damage and lungs were jello ,, the AccuBond was in and out and not near the tissue damage ,, BTW that doe ran nearly 250 yards in a BAD pine plantation thicket ,

for deer sized and other thin skinned game and the 7MM-08 I recommend the Ballistic tips , black bear up Accubonds .

280 , 7mag , maybe accubonds

but what do I know I'm just a ol redneck meat hunter

The pic below is a 140gn Nosler AccuBond shot from a 7/08 at ~100m behind 42grains of AR2208 (Varget). I recovered it from from a brumbies stallion just under the skin on the opposite shoulder. The weight of the recovered projectile is 108 grains equating to ~75% weight retention. The horse ran in a circle for about 50m before falling dead. Pretty happy with the performance as brumbies are quite solid.

Nosler Accubond 7mm 140gn Recovered Brumbie.jpg

The pic below is a 140gn Nosler AccuBond shot from a 7/08 at ~100m behind 42grains of AR2208 (Varget). I recovered it from from a brumbies stallion just under the skin on the opposite shoulder. The weight of the recovered projectile is 108 grains equating to ~75% weight retention. The horse ran in a circle for about 50m before falling dead. Pretty happy with the performance as brumbies are quite solid.

View attachment 17067
Picture perfect performance

JD338

Seventy-five percent weight retention? Just what it is designed to do. Great performance on a stout head of game.

Seventy-five percent weight retention? Just what it is designed to do. Great performance on a stout head of game.
Indeed. I keep my Accubonds and my Woodliegh bullets aside for those larger, more stout animals. for general shooting with my 7/08 I use Hornady SST's as they perform well on general game (eg pigs) and a lower price point ie close to half the price per projectile compared with Nosler....sadly

Back