150 BT at 2950fps or should I go Accubond for deer

I have to agree with the notion that either bullet is a good choice.
2950 is prety fast for the B-Tip. But as long as you don't try to shoot through the shoulder joint I think you will be happy with it.
With the AccuBond I think it will work well even if you hit the joint.
If you have time to try them I might sugjest you give a 165 grain B-tip a try.
They are a tougher bullet than the 150 and likly going about 100 FT slower.
But one fact I have learned about deer hunting is that if you get a good hit with an apropriate bullet and all mentioned here are apropriate, you should be eating back strap.
...tj3006

I have shot quite a few Whiteteails with Nosler Ballistic Tips including 150gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips out of a .30-06 at 3000 FPS. I never have had one fail me yet but then i do not shoot for the shoulders either. Stick a Nosler Ballistic Tip through the chest up tight behind the shoulder and you'll be eating back strap.

Larry

I've been using the 150 BT for several years on my featherweight 06 and I have to say it's been amazing! Chrono'd mine at 3012 fps with WW 760 and 2950 with H 414. Shoots great and always puts deer down. On elk I went with the 165 AB with IMR 4350, another winner!

Excellent bullet in the 308 or 30-06 the Sierra 165 HPBT heavier jacket than the SBT. Caribou, Moose , Elk and Deer have all went down with this bullet.

we all use 125 gr ballistic tips in 30-06 and 100's in our 25-06 both drop deer in their tracks

I've shot exactly one deer with the 150 BT from a .30-06. It was a northern doe that weighed about 150 lbs. live weight. I shot her high at about 200 yards and the bullet completely severed the spine and left a 1" exit hole. To say I was impressed would be a slight understatement! BTW, muzzle velocity was 3030 fps using 62 grains of H4350.

Back