150 grain 7mm ABLR data for .280 AI?

30carbine

Beginner
Aug 22, 2013
Hey everybody. New here but not new to Nosler or reloading. I got here looking for the data I listed in the title. I've been very interested in the ABLRs since I heard of them some time ago and finally got a box. And then I went looking for data. Can't find any. Seems odd that there is no published data for a product such as this. They kind of need to go hand in hand.

I'm sure there's some data somewhere on the web by now but I haven't found it.

Anyway, I see that a couple of people here are loading these already so I'm wondering if any data can be shared or can I just use the normal 150 grain data in Nosler's manual for their other 150 grain 7mm bullets?

I have RL22 and would probably like to start with that. Also have RL19 & IMR 4350.

Thanks,
Dave

30carbine,

Welcome to the forum; glad to have you aboard. I've received the recommendation to consult the data for the Custom Competition or for the Ballistic Tip. I began there with the workup I just performed on the .280 Remington.

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum :wink:. I believe that you are really going to enjoy the people here. They are very friendly and as knowledgable group of shooter you will ever find. I personally don't have my 280AI done yet but hopefully it will be done soon. DrMike is top shelf when it comes to advice as are many others here.
It still early with the ABLRs but soon there will be some great loads on the forum.
Just wondering what are the specs on your 280AI.

Blessings,
Dan

Thanks DrMike I was hoping it would be that easy. I'll post results when I get time to shoot. Hopefully tomorrow morning.

Dan - It's a Kimber Montana. My brother bought a Montana in 308 several years ago and after handling it I thought to myself that if they ever did it in 280 AI I'd buy one. Well they did so now I have one.

Dave, it is a great choice of calibres :mrgreen:. I am hoping mine gets done here in the next couple of weeks. At first I am going to be loading 168r. ABLRs. As I have 300 of them :). But eventually I will be trying out those 150gr.

Blessings,
Dan

I haven't had time to tweak my load but 61.0 grs RL22 is pushing the 150 gr ABLR at 3103 fps and MOA accuracy.
Two kills last week on crop damage deer at 275 yds and 385 yds. This bullet is just about perfect in the 280 AI

JD338

Back