150gr GS HV Accurate Accurate 2495BR - Ready To Hunt

bullet

Handloader
Dec 26, 2007
Final tweaking of 150gr GS HV Hunting load for my Marlin XL7 30/06 using Hornady brass, 210 Fed Match primers, Accurate 2495BR, OAL 3.240", moving 3070fps, will adjust impact 1/2" down two clicks and 1/4" right one click. Love it when hard work and open minded efforts with powders allows me to get to this point. I don't think I could be happier with my Marlin XL7, Boyd's stock and FX 3 6x42mm Leupold

file_zpsc3cfd5bc.jpg

file_zps6b67f77c.jpg

file_zps8ecc3840.jpg

Can't beat any of that!
I've got a marlin XL 270. Were there any fitting tricks w/the boyds?
How much wt did it add?

kraky":uhqpvm68 said:
Can't beat any of that!
I've got a marlin XL 270. Were there any fitting tricks w/the boyds?
How much wt did it add?

No tricks with my Boyds, it fit tight enough I did not bed it. It added 6 oz

Any throat left? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

FOTIS":hgzv2ej8 said:
Any throat left? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

NO, that's why it shoots so good nothing is in the way to inhibit the bullet :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bullet,
Looking good my friend, looking really good. Pity the deer that crosses the barrel!! :mrgreen:

Don

Thanks CMBT, and yes Don it will please FOTIS to know I can shoot that good with a smooth bore and still kill deer or whatever I am hunting. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bullet,
I would classify that as a Laser Load! It shoots so dang good If you point it in the general direction it still would kill Deer, besides Fotis is wishing he had a 30-06! :mrgreen:

Don

Man that is sweet shooting at 100 with only a 6x scope. I have no doubt you have an accurate load rifle combo but give yourself a pat on the back too for being able to do something like that with only 6x.

Wating to hear how these bullets perform on game for you this year.

Man that project turned out sweet. No non sense hunting gun without breaking the bank. It looks nice too. I like that boyds stock. I just broke my ram-line on one of my .270,s. Seriously looking to grab a Boyds for it. Is the Boyd rigid at the forend tip. My ram-line is a little flimsey in that area. I never did like that.

nvbroncrider":5omr2uwp said:
When is she gonna get a new tube? What's the round count?

It would take 3,000 to 5,000 rounds to have to get a new tube and I have 500 to 550 rounds if I remember right :)

Checked my load again today just to make sure and here is the three round group

567c9bc9-37ce-4025-bdbb-1b0de87f3c74_zpsd49cec47.jpg

Back