168gr NBT vs Elk

I'm just curious! If your friend is so concerned with recoil, can he even hit an elk? I've owned guns that had more recoil than I like, and I couldn't shoot them worth a crap. Now, the largest caliber that I own (in a rifle) is a .308. Granted, I don't hunt elk, but I do shoot much better with guns that don't knock my teeth loose.

No idea, one guy tried to talk into a 300 Win Mag and it was too much recoil. Another guy suggested the 308 Win and it wasn't powerful enough, so he bought the 300WSM as he was told it was between them. He wants a gun that shoots heavy bullets hard and fast with very little recoil and from my experience you can't have one without the other. The guy doesn't know much about guns and he took advice from people that don't know much about guns, and well, here we sit......

To answer your question, I have doubts about the man hitting an elk. Myself and another guy are zeroing his gun and then he is going to shoot it a couple times, put it up and go next season. We have told him he needs mucho trigger time, but it seems to be falling on deaf ears.

I'm not so sure I could hunt with a guy like that. It's kind of disturbing.

Corey

HeathSexton":3ogpiz38 said:
No idea, one guy tried to talk into a 300 Win Mag and it was too much recoil. Another guy suggested the 308 Win and it wasn't powerful enough, so he bought the 300WSM as he was told it was between them. He wants a gun that shoots heavy bullets hard and fast with very little recoil and from my experience you can't have one without the other. The guy doesn't know much about guns and he took advice from people that don't know much about guns, and well, here we sit......

To answer your question, I have doubts about the man hitting an elk. Myself and another guy are zeroing his gun and then he is going to shoot it a couple times, put it up and go next season. We have told him he needs mucho trigger time, but it seems to be falling on deaf ears.

vias muzzle break

I do not hunt with the guy and wouldn't, I am just trying to help him out with some suggestions that I have got from reading.

The muzzle brake is a good idea, but I think he is against that. He has a recoil reduction system in the gun. It's quite comical that he is so afraid.

This is really funny. I hope I never hunt in the same woods with the guy though. But I'm sure there are plenty like him where I hunt.

Corey

Back