2 scopes 1 rifle

hunter1276

Beginner
Jan 24, 2012
uhhhhh can to scopes be mount on same rifle for 2 different rounds I.E : switch scopes when i switch rounds? my rings are aligned i was just wondering if they would be accurate considering they would be set for the round the round im firing or just try it and see?

prolly help to know this im using .223 reloads 1 with 55 gr. varmageon and other is 60 gr. PT prolly wont be shooting any further than 300 yrd.

I'm currious to hear from the experts on this.

I would have to think that you would still need to fire a few test shots after switching and more than likely make some minor adjustments.

What kind of rings and bases are you using?

JD338

JD338":3txrno5l said:

JD338

I know where Jim's going. Good chance with a rail and QRW rings you would be able to swap scopes and maintain a good zero. We do it all the time with our work guns. Maintaining a 300 yard shouldn't be out of the realm for ya.

Right. SOME rings & bases will allow for this - others not so much.

Guy

being limited on budget im using a turret 6.5-24 X 50 barska holds zero very well here in ohio with our swing in temps never fogs will up grade later but im gonna try to just see if switching ammo if it will reset back and forth.

SJB358":mzlpbyg8 said:
JD338":mzlpbyg8 said:

JD338

I know where Jim's going. Good chance with a rail and QRW rings you would be able to swap scopes and maintain a good zero. We do it all the time with our work guns. Maintaining a 300 yard shouldn't be out of the realm for ya.

That is all I use now.

FOTIS":3gafaig2 said:
SJB358":3gafaig2 said:
JD338":3gafaig2 said:

JD338

That is all I use now.

Same here. I have pretty much swapped over all of my rifles to a rail and either PRW's or QRW's. I really haven't found anything to not like from the Weaver, EGW or Warne rails. They all work well. Plus, the ability to move the scope around for me is awesome. I resisted for the longest time, but wished I would have done this years ago. It is ROCK SOLID and repeatable...

Same here. I have pretty much swapped over all of my rifles to a rail and either PRW's or QRW's. I really haven't found anything to not like from the Weaver, EGW or Warne rails. They all work well. Plus, the ability to move the scope around for me is awesome. I resisted for the longest time, but wished I would have done this years ago. It is ROCK SOLID and repeatable...[/quote]

I agree, we do the same thing. also cds dials work for us and then you dont even need to swap scopes

Leupold_QRW_Mounting_System_HeightS.jpg

Back