Votes: 0 0.0%
  • it doesn't matter to me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NOSLER

Handloader
Sep 23, 2004
Let's see how many want it.

After reading your posts, I would like to see some numbers.

I may not have a .20 cal yet but have been thinking about geting the .204 Ruger. If and when I do , I would want to have a Nosler to send down range. :wink:

The more popular factory/wildcat offerings could hit 500 yds. with a good degree of consistency if we had a .3 or higher BC bullet.

:grin: Since I just finished putting a .204 together, another bullet choice or two wouldn't hurt my feelings one little bit. I wouldn't presume to tell you what weight I want, I haven't found out what range the rifle likes yet. Thanks for asking!

I don't have a 204 yet, but I definately see one in my future. I would love to see nosler make some 20 cal bullets.

I only started shooting 20 calibers this past year and now own three firearms for the .204 Ruger and am looking at another 20 cal. cartridge. I think Nosler should get in on this market. I have purchased more .204 bullets this year than all of the Partition hunting bullets of my lifetime.If you do it. give us a high BC. RYW

I am definitely interested in a Nosler bullet for my Savage 12VLP in .204 Ruger. A bullet in the 35 gr. to 40 gr. range with a BC of .300 or better would be excellent!

:grin: We need more choices than two (Sierra and Hornady) of the majors making plastic tipped bullets. The Nosler BT's in 224 diam shoot very good for most folks. Sure would be nice to be able to use them in the 20 cal as well.

Alex

I would love to see Nosler produce bullets for the 20 cal's. I've been shooting them since before Hornady started making them and now Sierra has finally seen the light. I presently have three 20 cal rifles and shoot more 20 cal bullets than all others except the 17's.
REM

I really like the ballistic tips in .224, Would like to have something in the .204 with a good bc. Would have to work well in the factory 1/12 twist. Probably in the 35 to 38 grn range.

I currently own 4 20 cal. guns with at least 1 more in the future along with 6 17 cals. . If and when Nosler decides its time to produce a 20 caliber bullet I will be the first in line to buy them. In my 22 centerfires they are the only bullets that I use with the quality and accuracy I don't get with most all of the other manufacturers. If you look at the trend in the market the last few years you will see that small fast calibers are the future of shooting. First it was the 17HMR then the 204 Ruger and now the 17 MK2. I'm sure if you checked with all the gun manufacturers and got the numbers of the 17 and 20 calibers sold in the last 3 years and then check on the number of loaded rounds sold for those guns you will see there is a substantial amount of monetary loss that Nosler has missed out on. Bring out a 35-40gr. 20 cal boat tail with a high BC. and they will beat a path to your door. bring out a 25-30gr. 17 cal. boat tail along with it and you will have the market rapped up.

Nosler is really failing to score points with varmint hunters lately. You guys make fantastic .22 bullets, they are what I shoot in my .222, .223 and 22-250 but there are no Nosler bullets smaller than that.
Varmint hunters have been asking for years for a .17 caliber bullet or two from Nosler and repeatedly been turned down, now that you are asking if you should make a .20 cal bullet and the response is an overwhelming "YES!" we hope that you take it seriously. There is a booming market for sub-.224 bullets with Nosler conspicuously absent. The market is saturated with all the "standard" caliber bullets it is hard to imagine how you gain much additional market share with the introduction of another hunting bullet. The opposite is true for the small caliber market, these shooters use hundreds to THOUSANDS of bullets PER gun, PER shooter PER year, we are STARVING for bullets to shoot. With the .204 Ruger already released Nosler is already late in offering components; enough talk, DO!
While you are tooling up for .204's put some bucks into the .172's as well. The market is here and GROWING FAST, the competition is small, the time is NOW!

Back