200 gr Partition in 300WSM

Redneck Ron

Beginner
Sep 30, 2004
I bought pack for 200 Grain, 30 CAl., Partition for an Oryx hunt here in New Mexico for my 300WSM. I didn't realize that the bullets have a crip ring. Please can somebody tell me about should in crip at the crip ring or should I proceed as normal? That is to get the bullet sized to the landing and backing it down .010? Hell is need and thank you.

Also, if sombody could tell me why they put a crip ring in the first place?? :?:

Ron,

Which hunt are you going on? I have Rhodes Canyon in Dec. Like you, I will be using a .300 WSM. I pondered 180 and 200 Accubonds and settled on 180s as they shot better. When I say better, not by much but the 180s were outstanding and figured I can use it for deer also.

Are these Factory Seconds or Factory Firsts? Some of the 2nds are overruns etc. that are made for bullet manufactures (Federal, Win. etc.) and have a cannelure. I shoot 7mm 140 Partitions, they normaly do not have a crimp ring. I purchased several bags of 2nds and 2 of them have the ring. I am going to load them as I would the regular Partitions. The ring will have no effect if I am not going to crimp anyway.

Ron,

Don't crimp them if you don't want to. If the neck is properly sized, neck tension alone should be adequate to hold the bullet in place under recoil.

George

:grin:

Racklover,
I will only use my 300wsm for Oryx and Elk (trying to find an affordable land owners permit). My deer rifle of choice is the 308 shooting 150 grain ballistic tip. It hits where I want it.

Later,

Back