2014 Oregon Elk Hunt

Scotty, I am sorry I missed this post:(. It was during the first week of recovery from my surgery, but still should have picked it up later.
Thank you for the great story and photographs in a year or two that boy of yours is going to be as big or bigger than you :wink:, that is good for packing out :mrgreen:!
It sure looks like a good time was had by all!!
Again thank you for the post.

Blessings,
Dan

I re-read this thread seeing it come up again and picked up on something Bill said that is so important, guaranteeing Brandons future success. The ability to navigate comfortably is important, much better to spend the night at camp than tucked under a Doug fir. The art is being able to read the land, to understand how the draws come together, and anticipate what must lie unseen under the canopy or behind the ridge because of what you can see. That is how some guys always seem to find those hot spots or know not to follow jumped elk sometimes, but to go up and over. (Young strong legs and lungs a great asset). I'd bet Brandon is the kind of kid who sees things in a micro scale as well as macro.
He will punch a lot of elk tags.

Back