2023 Moose hunt

Bear,

Glad to read about the tent.
Alaska was slow to issue my nursing license so I’m planning to be up there in January. That should give me some time to scout for next season.

Sorry you didn’t fill your tag but I’m glad you were able to get out. Hope the ankle heals OK.

Vince
January just in time for -40 deg !
Most wait till April and May when it’s warmer to enter Alaska .

I like your atv trailer/meat wagon. I have been looking at these since I got my sxs.
Any pros/cons to the covered type? Tips to think about when buying one? Or recommend open top unit?
I like the fact that you could put jerry cans of fuel and chainsaw tied to top and keep meat, food and other gear inside, clean and protected.
Would you recommend single axle unit, or go to double axle unit if you were to do over?

January just in time for -40 deg !

I like your atv trailer/meat wagon. I have been looking at these since I got my sxs.
Any pros/cons to the covered type? Tips to think about when buying one? Or recommend open top unit?
I like the fact that you could put jerry cans of fuel and chainsaw tied to top and keep meat, food and other gear inside, clean and protected.
Would you recommend single axle unit, or go to double axle unit if you were to do over?
Single Axle great for ATV
Double Axle great for SBS
Bosski ATV Wagon is the Mercedes of wagons !
Sometimes I take my ATV hunting so I prefer the single.
Open top never ! I used the bucket Rubbermaid for years taking meat out and camp in . I made a plywood top for and strapped it down. Still have it ! But that Bosski is great very popular in Alaska for moose hunting ! The one thing I like about my Commander SBS I only have to make 1 trip out with moose and camp and the ATV requires 2 and the Bosski is water tight .

Last edited:
Single Axle great for ATV
Double Axle great for SBS
Bosski Wagon is the Mercedes of wagons !
Sometimes I take my ATV hunting so I prefer the single.
Open top never ! I used the bucket Rubbermaid for years taking meat out and camp in . I made a plywood top for and strapped it down. Still have it ! But that Bosski is great very popular in Alaska for moose hunting ! The one thing I like about my Commander SBS I only have to make 1 trip out with moose and camp and the ATV requires 2 .
Thanks for your feedback!

The walking beam double axle is the only way to go! There is no better suspension for atv off road. You wouldn’t believe how stable that trailer is in very rough country. Mine the walking beam will rotate a full 360° so the tire can drop into a hole or against a log and the beam will rotate over and keep on going.

Attachments

• IMG_4199.jpeg
    IMG_4199.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3169.jpeg
    IMG_3169.jpeg
    473 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3168.jpeg
    IMG_3168.jpeg
    556.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3170.jpeg
    IMG_3170.jpeg
    398.8 KB · Views: 10
Do you know what they cost?
Too much !
You can find a good used Bosski ATV Wagon in good shape a single anywhere from 1K to 2K. I just used my 300gal Tub Rubbermaid with wooden lid for years hauling moose and gear no problem. I just waited until I found Bosski Single at the right price and bought it. I wanted one for years but new very expensive 2.5k.

Back