.204 Ruger . . . ?

jmad_81

Handloader
Feb 14, 2007
Looking at getting a R15 Preditor (remington/bushmaster AR) in a 20" .204 ruger. Was wondering if any of you guys had anything to say about it good, bad, or otherwise.

Thanks.

Do not know that much about the gun but the cartridge is great. 32 gr at 4150 fps.

Very close 2 the Bushmaster AR that i have in .223 and it shoots great. I think it would be a good AR for varmint hunting.

I've been having a blast with a little CZ mini-mauser in .204 Ruger. Sweet shooting little cartridge. Kind of a pain to handload if you're not used to those itty bitty bullets and case mouths. Still, 4000 fps and no recoil is pretty cool. :grin:

Selling my 223 and keeping my 204 if that tells you anything. Only shoot ARs when Uncle Sam says I need to.

Seeing as how Remington owns Bushmaster, and Bushmaster is one of the top names in ARs, you can't go wrong.

Oh I am planning on it. Just got all the loading stuff in the mail today! :grin: But i found out that they havn't even started making the R15 in a .204 yet and I might have to wait until THIS FALL :cry:

Back