215 primers for a 2506

The magnum primer really isn't necessary for that size cartridge although they will work. I switched to a Federal GM215M in my 280 AI and it really shrunk my groups so it might be worth a try.
If you do decide to give them a try, remember to start low and work up.

JD338

I use WLRM primers in my 25/06, helped with accuracy.On the otherside of that coin, I use WLR primers in my 300WSM, that really helped with accuracy and consistancy on the chronograph.Rick.

I use WLRM's in all rifles. They work great and shrunk groups considerably. A stout charge of RE22 and a WLRM makes my 25 06 sing a beatutiful tune.

Jiggs..............Your best results are determined by what your charges are, the powder brand used and what your rifles likes and dis-likes are!.........The 25-06 can go both ways. Do both! For my 300 WSM and 375 Ruger though, I use the WLRM primers! With my specific calibers, for ease and less re-loading confusion, I prefer to stick with only one type and brand of primer if possible.

Good luck finding F215 primers. Rumor has it that since their merger with CCI, Federal is going to concentrate its efforts on military contracts. CCI will fill civilian orders. We haven't seen ANY F215's in Fairbanks for months.
just my .02.
sbsmith

I use Federal GM215 in my Ruger 25-06 with good results. I also have had a hard time getting my hands on them and I work in a sporting goods store in the off season.

your powder should make the choice. full case of slow powder, yes. 2/3 case full of midrange powder, no.

Back