220 partition in 300 win mag

I'm not sure if you've had much time , to look around the forum . there is a bullet test section . you can go there and look at bullet results . one thing you'll notice on the Partition is , there is no surprises . the Partition is a very consistent bullet , across all calibers and weights . it's almost boring looking at the Partition pics . put it where it belongs and good things happen .
I've shot 2 elk with the 200gr partitions, one was at about 130 yards and one at about 60 yards. Those were wild guess ranges. I didn't have a range finder in the late 90's. But both were pass throughs. That inexpensive Winchester M70 black shadow loved those 200grs.
 
Thank you, yeah I was surprised RL26 got it going that fast and still had accuracy. I'm thinking about going with 4350, mid 2800 is nothing slouch about either. And the first three shots when the rifle was cool was pretty impressive.
I was surprised too when I tried RL26 for the first time with 180 Accubonds, I was approaching 3300 fps but I settled on RL22 for best accuracy around 3200-3240 fps. RL22 is getting scarce now. I'm saving the last pound of RL26. I have several pounds of IMR4831 and H1000. Good luck on your elk hunt. The 220 Partitions should hammer them good.
May I ask, what is your twist?
 
Last edited:
I was surprised too when I tried RL26 for the first time with 180 Accubonds, I was approaching 3300 fps but I settled on RL22 for best accuracy around 3200-3240 fps. RL22 is getting scarce now. I'm saving the last pound of RL26. I have several pounds of IMR4831 and H1000. Good luck on your elk hunt. The 220 Partitions should hammer them good.
May I ask, what is your twist?
 
I’ve killed a lot more elk with arrows than I have with a rifle. That said, I’ve killed a lot of cows and yearling bulls with rifles. Before we found out you can’t kill elk with small caliber and small bullets, all we used were “small”.270 and .30-06’s! Can you believe most of our elk died from anorexic 130 and 165 gr core lokt and grand slam bullets?!
I’m headed back up today for the last few days of our rifle elk hunt. It has been hot but there is a storm coming so maybe things will perk up. Our rut is essentially over. I have a spike only tag and have seen everything except a spike!
 
Isn't that how it goes. That's my worry also. The damn heat, it's supposed to cool down. But not into the 20's where I like to see it
 
Back
Top