223 Rem Dies?

I think die selection would depend on intended use of the round.
I use Hornady dies for my AR-15 with the indended use plinking and home defense. I have never done any bench rest group testing. All of my loads will hit a pop can at 200yds and I am sure will print nicely on a threatening target that entered my home with out permission.

MY choices are Redding first, Lee second, dead last is RCBS.

I haven't used any Hornady dies. I'm not sure how I would rate them. I have .223 dies in all three manufactures. The Redding does all of my resizing the seating dies are all set for a different bullet and seating depth. I have 6 .223's which I reload for. You can feel the difference between the redding and all the others when you are full length resizing.

Sorry I got so long. Just my $.02 worth.

Steve D. the HP

My favorite dies are Forster/Bonanza. They are about twice the price of a standard die set, but with the minimal bullet run-out, I think they are worth the price. I use Hornady dies if I can not get the Forster/Bonanza dies.

I like Hornady or Lee. I have some RCBS pistol dies, but no rifle dies from them. No complaints about any of the three I have, but my first choice for all-around use is Hornady. Great seating die, and a good sizing die, with a tapered expander.

Back