.227 bullets wanted, and Savage 22 Hi-power brass

k7grc

Welcome to the forum.
I am sure one of the fellas here will be able to point you in the right direction.

JD338

Hi there, I have 200+ .228 caliber 70 grain Speer SSP bullets I would gladly ship to you for 60.00. They are in the original packaging. Belonged to my Grandfather who had two of those 22 High Power rifles. Wonderful round, too bad it wasn't a .224 instead, or it would still be kicking quite a bit better. Don't have a die set though.

Hi there, I have 200+ .228 caliber 70 grain Speer SSP bullets I would gladly ship to you for 60.00. They are in the original packaging. Belonged to my Grandfather who had two of those 22 High Power rifles. Wonderful round, too bad it wasn't a .224 instead, or it would still be kicking quite a bit better. Don't have a die set though.
I know this is way late in the game, but if you never got rid of these, I would like to purchase them.
I'm about to handload for exactly this cartridge and all I've managed to find are 60gr soft tip.
Please let me know !

I know this is way late in the game, but if you never got rid of these, I would like to purchase them.
I'm about to handload for exactly this cartridge and all I've managed to find are 60gr soft tip.
Please let me know !
Sorry, I sold these to another friend of mine some years back.

Please let me know !

Here is a scource for .228" diameter jacketed bullets now. I bought from them a few years ago when I still had a 22 Savage hi-power:

Also, some time back John Barsness wrote an article about that cartridge. He found that he could shoot the standard .224" diameter bullets from it with good results! That surprised me, but okay.

The 70 grain Hornady spire point has a bad reputation with Savage shooters, it's too long and unlikely to stabilize properly. The old Speer round nose bullet works great! Factory ammo is sometimes available. I bought some of this stuff from Grafs several years ago. It shot well https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/category/categoryId/111?

Best of luck with your 22 High-Power.

Guy

Back