#1 would be 95g NBT

#2 would be 100g SBT

Either will take deer easily to 400 yards, given proper shot placement, of course.

:grin: Yup. Have used those two bullets with great satisfaction - from my 6mm Remington - which amounts to about the same thing as a .243 Win. Accurate, and good results on deer. :grin:

From a non-Nosler standpoint, you can use any of the following:

100gr Hornady Interlocks (either Spitzer or Boat-Tailed Soft Point)
100gr Speer Hot Cor
100gr Speer Grand Slam
95gr Barnes XLC
85gr Barnes TSX

Really, anything of sturdy construction made for deer-sized game, which means 85-90gr minimum, depending on construction, and beyond that, just be sure that whatever you buy, your gun will shoot well enough, and you're set. I have a 243, and for years while it was my dad's, he shot 100gr Remington Core-Lokt factory ammo, without losing a single deer. And this was his only deer rifle, so he shot a lot of deer with it.

I don't have a 243 but i load for a friend who does and all he shoots is the Sierra 100gr Pro Hunter. He's had very good success with this bullet and has never complained once about it's performance on deer. It's also very accurate in his Rem Mod 7 with a 18.5" barrel.

I am in the process of experimenting with grand slams, partitions, hornady btsp all in 100 grain weights. So far I have only tested the grandslam grouping about .75" with RL-22. Going to load up the other two tomorrow and see what I can't do. Will try IMR 4350, 4831, and RL-22. I plan to use whatever bullet shoots the best for mule deer.

The 100 grain Partition, grandslam, and interlock btsp all shot best in my a-bolt with 42 grains of RL-22 (also Nosler's accuracy load). They grouped just under or at 1" at 100 yds.

The very best groups were made with 87 v-max and 85 sierra bthp bullets with 42.5 grains IMR 4350 in my 10 twist rifle. Either would make a great long range varmint round but although used by some for deer, would not be my first choice.

I'm wondering if the 95 Partition, ballistic tip, or b silver tip would shoot a little better than the 100 grainers did.

I'm wondering if Nosler designed the 95 grain Partiion for a 10 twist and the 100 grainer for a 9.25 twist.

Any opinions? I don't want to buy another box of bullets that is not going to shoot any better than what I have in the 100s but would gladly buy a box of something if it will be a little more improvement in accuracy.

Thanks for any advice you can share!

I use 95 x and xlt and bt and 100gr prt and all shoot under 3/4 @100yrds
I use x on mulies and whites same with 100 prts with awsome results and all one shot kills from 85yrds to 350yrds and i have 1-9 twist 24 barrel i use rl22 rl19 varget h-414 and other powders all shoot about the same. for targets i use 105 A-max 107sierra match kingswith 1-9 twist these shoot under 1\2 .

Back