25 Cal. 115 BT's Differences

25cal. 115's are $22 per 50 here in AK.....

Still waiting for the pro shop to get some in stock to save some $'s.

They are expensive but I like them and they shoot straight as all get out out of my 257 Roberts. Actually dusted a snowshoe hare this morning with it off hand at 70 yards. Little overkill obviously, not much left, but she was handy and I was ticked off since they ate/destroyed my apple tree saplings last night.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You can always buy Nosler seconds through Shooters Pro Shop (SPS) and save a lot of money, especially when they are having a sale. That's the time to stock up.
FWIW, .308 150 gr BT seconds (50 count bag) $16.95

JD338

ShadeTree":1t8x18uk said:
Scotty, not to beat a dead horse but check out a more in demand caliber like .308. On midway the 125 Sierra PH is $31 per 100, and 125 Nosler BT is $23 per box so $46 per 100.

150 grain Nosler BT is same price, $46 per 100.

150 Hornady Interlock $28 per 100.

150 Sierra P.H. $30 per 100.

150 Hornady SST $36 per 100

150 Speer H.C. $23 per 100.

That's where I came up with the 50% higher than Sierra, 65% higher than Hornady, and 100% higher than Speer.

I got .308 150 Hornady I.L on sale last fall for $22 per 100, and 150 Speer H.C. for $19 per 100. Nosler was still trucking on at $46 per 100.

ST, I agree with you, when you are talking plain jane bullets they are way overpriced in my opinion. I am not a big Sierra guy most of the time, but I use a fair amount of Hornady and also a bunch of others. I do think it is a little off on the pricing schedule to be that much over what other bullets of the same ilk are selling for. I like Noslers, but as far as BT's go, I'll either buy them as 2nds or look at another brand.

Nosler is behind a bunch on the BC game, not that I am a huge player but their BT was the one to streamline and make the real heavies out of in my opinion. The ABLR has been entirely too poor in consistency for me to deal with in a bunch of rifles, that were twisted plenty fast to stabilize them. Those same rifles shot other weight/length bullets great but the ABLR's were a nightmare.

I buy only the blem SPS 115BT's. Makes the price about right. Mine came with gray tips instead of blue ones, but that's OK with me.

SJB358":8o795kw5 said:
ShadeTree":8o795kw5 said:
Scotty, not to beat a dead horse but check out a more in demand caliber like .308. On midway the 125 Sierra PH is $31 per 100, and 125 Nosler BT is $23 per box so $46 per 100.

150 grain Nosler BT is same price, $46 per 100.

150 Hornady Interlock $28 per 100.

150 Sierra P.H. $30 per 100.

150 Hornady SST $36 per 100

150 Speer H.C. $23 per 100.

That's where I came up with the 50% higher than Sierra, 65% higher than Hornady, and 100% higher than Speer.

I got .308 150 Hornady I.L on sale last fall for $22 per 100, and 150 Speer H.C. for $19 per 100. Nosler was still trucking on at $46 per 100.

ST, I agree with you, when you are talking plain jane bullets they are way overpriced in my opinion. I am not a big Sierra guy most of the time, but I use a fair amount of Hornady and also a bunch of others. I do think it is a little off on the pricing schedule to be that much over what other bullets of the same ilk are selling for. I like Noslers, but as far as BT's go, I'll either buy them as 2nds or look at another brand.

Nosler is behind a bunch on the BC game, not that I am a huge player but their BT was the one to streamline and make the real heavies out of in my opinion. The ABLR has been entirely too poor in consistency for me to deal with in a bunch of rifles, that were twisted plenty fast to stabilize them. Those same rifles shot other weight/length bullets great but the ABLR's were a nightmare.

I hear ya, but I'd be of poor help on any suggestions. When it comes to B.C and the long range game, you would have me beat that bad on both skill set and equipment, I'd probably resort to circling around trying to ambush game with a good sized rock instead. Lol.

JD338":12x5zwnv said:
You can always buy Nosler seconds through Shooters Pro Shop (SPS) and save a lot of money, especially when they are having a sale. That's the time to stock up.
FWIW, .308 150 gr BT seconds (50 count bag) $16.95

JD338

Guess I haven't caught a sale. Cost of shipping meant they were cheaper off the shelf. CL

I use to shoot nothing but Noslers when I first started loading and shooting 22 years ago. However, the times have changed last 10 years and I now shoot ZERO nosler bullets out of anything simply because they are expensive and they aren't geared towards the LR crowd much. They are still a great company that makes great bullets and take care of their customers. I do love the .257" 115g NBT and the .308" 200g AB, but I dont own those calibers anymore. They are the only 2 bullets I will buy and use personally when I had the 25/06s or 300 mags. My shelf is now 90% full of Hornadys and 10% Sierra.

Back