26 Nosler

Yea I know money doesn't make everything better. Its just more a let down then anything that I could of bought 4 savages and probably have better luck with them then I do with the nosler rifle.

If factory ammo shoots well then it isn't the rifle. Give your reloading a chance, I'm sure that the rifle will shoot great with a favorable handload.

You've received some good advice here and you must remember that the 26Nosler isn't a 6.5-284 Norma. Different barrel harmonics will effect a bullet differently.

You're shooting a $1500 plus rifle. Don't sweat $35 on a box of bullets.
Buy a box of 140 ABs. Look in the Nosler manual for recommended COAL. Start at the midrange of the powder you're using. Load 3 every grain up. Shoot them. See what groups the best. Adjust from there.
It seems to me you're trying to shoot a bullet that isn't working for you. Try another bullet.
Just my opinion. YMMV

thanks im going to try a different powder andsee if that works if it don't improve ill try different bullets thanks guys anyone know of a starting point on imr4831

Shimek":3oxq8pbu said:
thanks im going to try a different powder andsee if that works if it don't improve ill try different bullets thanks guys anyone know of a starting point on imr4831

While you may get great reloading advice on the internet always confirm the data with a current reloading manual before getting started. Many well meaning posters, who post data from memory, have listed incorrect charges, powders or other important info. Occasionally someone will detect their own mistake and correct it a few days later when they have checked their reloading logs.

BTW - keeping an accurate reloading log, with accuracy results, will pay dividends down the road when you are able to look at accuracy trends in your rifle. Working from memory is rarely a good idea especially if you reload for numerous firearms.

For that large of a round, you should look more at using 7828, short cut or normal, H1000, the new IMR extreme,I think 7751 or so, look that up. It's a large caliber, you may want to try slower burning powder.

What primer are you using.? The ELD line of bullets like to be close to the lands, try starting them just .035" off the lands from jammed. I reload some larger calibers that are similar to the Nosler

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Back