264 win mag still being chambered?????

jjmp

Beginner
Nov 8, 2005
hi everyone.... does anyone know if any factory rifles are being chambered in 264 winchester magnum...??? i did a serch came up zero, thought i''d ask here!...regards jjmp...

jjmp,

Winchester dropped this chambering. Too bad, its an oldie but a goodie.
You might want to check out www.gunsamerica.com or have a gunsmith make one up for you.

Regards,

JD338

JD 338 ,thank you for this conformation,and advice....regards jjmp.

I do not think anyone chambers for the .264 Win Mag anymore.

There is a Remington 700 Classic chambered in .264 Win Mag for sale in the classified ads on Accuratereloading.com.

I almost bought one of those when they came out. A guy in the local gunstore really liked the .264 and stocked up on them. I finally decided against it. Not that I do not like 700 Classics, I own four of them.

Good luck on your search.

R Flowers thank you for this info i''m doing this quest for a friend, i also think it would be sweet in the 700 classic i''m a big fan also , i relayed the info already, sorry for getting back 2 you so late.....regards jjmp...

I think the last manufacturer to make them was Winchester. My dad bought a model 70 classic sporter brand new about 5 years ago?? He wanted one before they weren't making them anymore. He got his the last year. It also has a 26" bbl. Shoots the 120g BT's like a dream.

thanks remington 2506, good info 4 sure, your dads a smart man , 26 inch pipe is the way to go if a guy can ,more speed ounces don''t count when were young at heart.... thanks everyone we can put this question to rest, all the best too everyone on this site..... jjmp...

The .264WinMag got a bad rep as a barrel burner because of ignorance and misuse. Funny how that cartridge died and today the 6.5mm bullet is one of the most popular target and hunting bullets out there.

The way I understand it, remington is supposed to be bringing back the sendero and it will be chambered in 264 mag.

:grin: thanks roysclock&700bdl, great info4 sure, that sendero should rock 4 sure, regard''s jjmp i''ll pass this info on too my friend!!!

Back