Mar 1, 2007
Saw this first thing this morning. love the tag line
Elk Drop
Buck Drop
Hog Drop
Goat Drop
MIC DROP!

27+Nosler+Cartidge.jpg

I like that they pushed back the shoulder when compared to the 28 Nosler and gave it a longer neck. I know some are saying it really doesn't do anything the 28 Nosler would do and has less high b.c. bullets available but that is precisely why I like it because it is a bit different than all the 6.5's and 7mm's and I'm a fan of the 277 cal cartridges anyway. I think it might do better than some people think because there are a lot of 270 Win fans and there aren't a huge amount of 27 cal magnums out there like other bullet diameters which have a lot of redundant performance wise cartridges.

I hope it does well. The 270 WSM is one of the most popular short magnums so there are people who would like a fast round like the 27 Nosler.

Makes me also wonder if there will be a 35 or 36 Nosler sometime in the future too.......

35 and 36 are the last in the SAAMI standards document but who is to say, the 22 and 24 Nosler were surprise additions.

gerry":1ym3pktg said:
27+Nosler+Cartidge.jpg

I like that they pushed back the shoulder when compared to the 28 Nosler and gave it a longer neck. I know some are saying it really doesn't do anything the 28 Nosler would do and has less high b.c. bullets available but that is precisely why I like it because it is a bit different than all the 6.5's and 7mm's and I'm a fan of the 277 cal cartridges anyway. I think it might do better than some people think because there are a lot of 270 Win fans and there aren't a huge amount of 27 cal magnums out there like other bullet diameters which have a lot of redundant performance wise cartridges.

I hope it does well. The 270 WSM is one of the most popular short magnums so there are people who would like a fast round like the 27 Nosler.

Makes me also wonder if there will be a 35 or 36 Nosler sometime in the future too.......

I agree! I’d build one!

I figured you would like it Scotty lol. Looks like it is a 270 WSM with 0.445" added to it. About 10 more gr of powder room (90 vs 80 gr water capacity) to the 270 Wby which I also love too. Probably about 17 gr more capacity than the 270 WSM.

The Nosler rounds in order - 22, 26, 27, 28, 30, and 33.

I'm liking the 27 and 33 the best so far.

SHOT-2020-New-27-Nosler-Cartridge-1.jpg

27Nosler-150gr-ABLR-9-0.jpg

27Nosler-150gr-AB-version-9-0.jpg

No 165 gr data as of yet but when it comes out I'll post it up. Not surprisingly it looks like the 27 Nosler starts where the 270 Wby leaves off when it comes to speed.

Back