.270 Accubond 150 Grain

EOD Diver

Handloader
Dec 30, 2011
Scratching my head a bit on this one. First off, I'm really excited about the new 150 grain AccuBond for .270 aficionados. They've been displayed on the Nosler website for quite some time now. I've also been watching intently for Nosler to finally drop the BC for them. After what seemed like really a long time of "TBD" I saw that they finally published the BC at .496. Hmm, that's the exact same as the 140 AccuBond and with more length due to the 10 additional grains I figured it would be just a bit higher. The thicker jacket (and smaller amount of lead) when compared to the 150 ballistic tip (BC = .496) should also have put it slightly ahead in theory. Anyway, a couple of days ago, I checked back and noticed that they changed the BC to .500. I've got no heartache over 0.004 points, but I hope this number is legit and will stick. I think it will be next level in the .270 Win for elk sized game, not that there were ever any flies on the 140 grain. Anyway, since I can't reload over here in Germany, I'll be looking forward to your reports and results with the new bullet!
V/R,
Joe

It's been out for over a year now, I'm intrigued also as I haven't used them yet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I bought some and shot them out of my 270 wsm. From my drops I get a BC of .520? I'm shooting at about 900 feet elevation so my numbers should be fairly conservative and I will add I have a 1:8 twist barrel but that really shouldn't change anything. I've only shot them out to 700 yds so it could be slightly lower but I'd be very surprised if it was .500.

You know that would make more sense to me from a SD perspective since the 7mm 160 AB with an SD of .283 has a BC of .531, and considering the .270 150 AB sectional density is .279. Nothing to get wrapped around the axle on, but just food for thought. Regardless, I'm excited to hear about what they do on game or for someone to put it through the milk jug test!
V/R,
Joe

EOD Diver":2ysj5rxi said:
You know that would make more sense to me from a SD perspective since the 7mm 160 AB with an SD of .283 has a BC of .531, and considering the .270 150 AB sectional density is .279. Nothing to get wrapped around the axle on, but just food for thought. Regardless, I'm excited to hear about what they do on game or for someone to put it through the milk jug test!
V/R,
Joe

They have shot well for me to 600 using .500 Joe.

I’d bet they’re good on elk too. Maybe I’ll give one a whirl this fall.

Scotty,

Say it ain't so! That 338 and 7 Mashburn would not be pleased!

V/R,

Joe

Back