.270 Win w/150 ABLR QL Request

3051 fps isn't shabby at all. Accuracy is enviable, to say the least. Welcome aboard, Sendero. It looks as if the 150 grain ABLR is treating you quite well.

It was a windy day at the range. I was not able to time the shots between the wind shifts.
It is not much load data to find for this bullet here in norway, but I am pretty sure that this bullet kan be loaded to 940m/s= 3084ft/s.
I am sorry, but used to messure speed in m/s here in Norway.
I am going to trye:
58.5 grains MRP
58.7 grains MRP

I can see that it was windy for you. I frequently am forced to shoot when the wind is at ~45 degrees and gusting up to 20 m/s. We live on the edge of the prairies; so wind coming off the Rockies can be brutal. Still, you managed an excellent group. Congratulations. Good that distribution has ensured you are receiving the ABLR bullets.

The burn rate of RL22 is similar to MRP, but if it is provided by Bofors, it is coming from different lots. I have been told by European ballisticians that they are the same powder, just different lots. It looks as if you obtained some good results. Congratulations on a good load. Did you measure velocity?

Wow! That is cranking buddy.

Been using some of the new MRP in my 7mm Rem Mag. Good stuff!

Always been a fan of RL22 and wouldn't be without a 5lb'er on my bench.

Ah ha, I didn't look closely enough at your target or I would have seen the velocities.

Back