.280 Rem or .280 AI?

Scott Spencer":2irfmdlm said:
That is an awesome looking rifle, JD!!!! That is some serious velocity you are getting as well. :shock:

Accuracy is pretty good too.

120 gr BT
280AI120grBT.jpg

140 gr AB
280AI140grAB.jpg

160 gr AB
280AI.jpg

JD338

It certainly does. There is nothing I don't like about it. But I seem to always reach for the 7m-08. And I guess I should for all the money I have in the thing. Plus I'd have to rebarrel my Sako a.c it not being a 24" barrel. The thing only has a couple hundred rounds through it. And at my age ..............I gotta start to save some cash outside of my potential retirement fund :(

Long

IMO, there's not an amimal in Michigan that needs any more range, energy, or speed than the 7mm08 can provide. Enjoy your retirement and hunt much!

Sorry for the bump on this post but I wanted to let everyone know that I actually won an auction on GunBroker for a brand new Ruger Hawkeye in .280 Rem. I was the only bidder and I got it for $549.00 + $26 shipping.

I'll post pics when I get it - hopefully in a week or so. :grin:

Congratulations, Scott. I think you will enjoy the Hawkeye, and that it is chambered in .280 is a bonus. We'll look forward to both the pictures and your loads as you work with it.

Congrats on winning the 280 Hawkeye. I have one in a 308 and it is a very sturdy rifle that shoots pretty well. I think it will be an awesome rifle for ya. Scotty

Scott,

Congratulations on winning the 280 Rem. You are going to love it!

JD338

for what it's worth...
i picked up a remington model 7400 in a little old, gunshop way out in the woods, for 150 buck's, light rust on the barrel,
a few very small scratches....but ! it was in .280.

sent the trigger off to bill springfield,

www.triggerwork.net

39 buck's.

its a tack driver, no recoil to speak of.

sheesh. i might as well admit it, i have FOUR model 7400's....

dunno why ? just seems like . i'll find one. cheep, take home. AND CLEAN IT. they shoot wonderfully.
sorry for the hijack, but i for one love the .280

peabody

Back