3 Rifle Battery

Or one could have a bolt action in a certain caliber/cartridge that will work for most critters, and then another in the same chambering in another action type for special circumstances...
For example, I have my LH Sako Finnlight II 24" bbl in 338 Federal for most hunting out to 400 yards, but have a Winchester Model 88 20" for tracking wounded bears or hunting in the thick, dark timber. Best of both worlds!

The guns I currently own and love have it covered—ammo and replacement parts are common. Calibers are thoroughly tested and respected worldwide. The only variables would be scopes and bullets. Remember, the .375 wby can shoot h&h ammo if needed and I already own a good one with dangerous game scope, quick release and has a plains game scope.
.300 wm
.375 wby

As I will never go to Africa, I currently have a 3 Rifle Battery for my hunting needs. They are .223, 280 AI and 300 WM. With 60 plus years I really can't think of a better combination for most hunting needs. My 4th rifle is a 22 LR. For North American hunting I can't think of anything better,

As I will never go to Africa, I currently have a 3 Rifle Battery for my hunting needs. They are .223, 280 AI and 300 WM. With 60 plus years I really can't think of a better combination for most hunting needs. My 4th rifle is a 22 LR. For North American hunting I can't think of anything better,
Bill,
Excellent choices. All you need is a 870 12 ga and maybe a nice o/u in 12 or 20 ga and you are truly set!

JD338

Back