300 RUM 210 ABLR RL33/Retumbo

Scotty that is looking real promising. For me retumbo seems to be at it's accuracy best when up close to max, lesser charges in .5 increments shot poorly. For me magnum has been the best accuracy powder in my rum over quite a large charge weight range.

On a different note I would add one of Nathan's brakes so you can spot your impacts, i never could prior to adding his brake. Just a thought.

Bill

OU812":a922rwt2 said:
Scotty that is looking real promising. For me retumbo seems to be at it's accuracy best when up close to max, lesser charges in .5 increments shot poorly. For me magnum has been the best accuracy powder in my rum over quite a large charge weight range.

On a different note I would add one of Nathan's brakes so you can spot your impacts, i never could prior to adding his brake. Just a thought.

Bill

This sucker is light. Well at least for a 300 RUM. With the 6X SS on it and couple rounds of ammo it weighs 8lbs 4 ounces. It does have a brake on it but Nathan’s might be much more effective. I’ll have to hit him up.

nice looking rifle . I agree on Nathans brakes , there the best I've used . the side ports don't blow up dirt when shooting prone , is another nice benefit .

Great looking rifle, Scotty. Looks like you are closing in on a load with the 210 ABLR.

Great looking set up Scotty. I knew you'd get it shooting eventually. Your onto something there with the loads! :wink:

Don

Here is my latest run with the 300 and 210's...

It seems like it is getting a touch more consistent as I shorten them. Tempted to keep going in .010" increments. This bullet is trying my skills right now. The only shot I cannot totally account for was the very first shot that went high, it went off nice, but it was the first round outta the gun, so in that case I should have taken my own advice and loaded 4 per, just to rule that stuff out some....

Nice looking rig Buddy. I've been thinking about going heavier in my 300 Wm then the 180s and the 210 was one I was thinking on.

Man, I’m about at the end of these. Going to give them one more chance and move on. They’re just difficult to find great shooting consistent loads in this gun. I don’t wanna count them out just yet but I’ve ran thru a bunch with nothing really awesome to show for it just yet.

That 3.645 load looks pretty good to me. I'll bet you stretch that one out a ways and you'll be smiling.

We shall see. I’m going back and forth in my brain to keep trying or to move on to another bullet. I’ve tried a bunch to this point and sometimes I probably have to believe the gun just doesn’t love that bullet.

OU812":dzlpxoqu said:
Certainly nothing wrong with the 200 AccuBond if you decide to move on. I've shot the 200 AccuBond beyond 1k yards. Near or far the AccuBond can be counted on that's for sure.

Yes sir. I’ve got some stuff to try including AccuBond, 200 grain LRXs, 220 Scenars, 180 Scirocco, and some others... debating on what to try.

I'll be watching the lrx as I too have been curious. Barnes has always been very accurate for me and kills with the best of them. I wish swift made a 200 scirocco.

OU812":22qjgwyt said:
I'll be watching the lrx as I too have been curious. Barnes has always been very accurate for me and kills with the best of them. I wish swift made a 200 scirocco.

Double Amen... Barnes are usually easy to be accurate for me to. And you aren’t kidding about a 200 Scirocco... dream bullet. They have worked so well for us lately.

The thought of launching the 180 Swift’s at hyper speeds certainly has some appeal...

SJB358":2sgex9km said:
The thought of launching the 180 Swift’s at hyper speeds certainly has some appeal...

And the swift will hold up to the velocity for sure.

OU812":i2t7r9qa said:
SJB358":i2t7r9qa said:

And the swift will hold up to the velocity for sure.

Everything is prepped. May pick something easy... need a win. The darned ABLR just ate my darned lunch! Thinking about it, it’s so danged fussy I’m not sure I’d wanna use it being so finicky.

Back