300 RUM 220 Scenars N570

It’s an ideal hunting and long range design, theoretically.
Unlike Berger and Hornady it has a hard tail section for penetration, it appears.
Now I need to make them shoot!

It’s an ideal hunting and long range design, theoretically.
Unlike Berger and Hornady it has a hard tail section for penetration, it appears.
Now I need to make them shoot!
They are flat awesome in my opinion if they shoot!

The only ABLR I've ever tried is 150gr in a 270wby. If anyone is familiar with weatherby chambers, 270wby freebore is. 378" . They shot well under moa, mostly 5 shot at 200 yards from a hunting bag around .6 moa.
I seated them very long.
I calculate they were still jumping about .120 to 140 off the lands.

So, maybe they like a massive jump in some barrels to shoot.

The only ABLR I've ever tried is 150gr in a 270wby. If anyone is familiar with weatherby chambers, 270wby freebore is. 378" . They shot well under moa, mostly 5 shot at 200 yards from a hunting bag around .6 moa.
I seated them very long.
I calculate they were still jumping about .120 to 140 off the lands.

So, maybe they like a massive jump in some barrels to shoot.
I would definitely agree with that. The few that have shot great have been between 75 and .100 back from the rifling.

Scott This is my custom 300 RUM

Wbd3hfq.jpg

SWgzycf.jpg

Specs:

BKHkLud.jpg

I mean just about everything has been done to it.

No 210 or 190 ABLR would break 1.5" at 100 yards.

First day out with 199 hammers.

G2jERzi.png

It's a shame really.

That is a dandy 300! Darn, man, the weight on that could make it really nice to hike around with!

That is a dandy 300! Darn, man, the weight on that could make it really nice to hike around with!
That was the idea behind the build. Lightweight rings and a Zeiss conquest V4 4-16x44mm at 22 ounces.
Sometimes I think about putting my spare 3x15x42mm Vortex razor LHT scope on it. Just 20 ounces......

That was the idea behind the build. Lightweight rings and a Zeiss conquest V4 4-16x44mm at 22 ounces.
Sometimes I think about putting my spare 3x15x42mm Vortex razor LHT scope on it. Just 20 ounces......
Boy, I'd have a tough time leaving that one at home..

Back