300 rum loads

I have a factory CDL and run 200 accubonds with rem brass, fed 215, ramshot magnum 94 grains 3080 ave velocity, 94 retumbo 3198 ave velocity.

Never tried the 210's but ran 215's Berger's.

My best load 92.5 RL25 200 gr AB. .675" at 300 yards from my SAKO

This consistently groups in the .3's

300 RUM
210 VLD
3.665 OAL (2.979com)
0.103" jump
91g H-1000
Rem 9 1/2 Mag
3072 fps

It's one heck of a cartridge. Only had mine about six months, maybe a year, but... I remain thoroughly impressed.

I used 200 gr bullets & Retumbo for 3100 - 3200 fps (26" barrel) and very good accuracy.

Guy

sMYrdmK.jpg

Holy Smokes!!

Brian runs 94-95 grains of Retumbo with the 200 AB and gets about 3185 I think. I've seen his rifle turn in many 1/2" or so groups at the range. It's an impressive cartridge.

anybody have pictures of their primers? mine seem to be rather warm at 87 gr, 7828.

Woodycreek":1l97p6sl said:
200 AB
95 gr Retumbo
Nosler brass
Fed 215M
25" 3220fps

That load emerged very quickly as The Load for the .300 Rem Ultra Mag.

Others are also good, but that one earned kudos very quickly from many different loaders, shooters and hunters. Yes, it's a "book" load.

Guy

str8meat":385ziv2t said:
anybody have pictures of their primers? mine seem to be rather warm at 87 gr, 7828.

I don't have pictures of the primers but several things besides pressure can cause primers to be flattened out. How many firings are you getting on your brass before the primer pockets get loose? How is the case stretch and extraction? 94 gr Retumbo gets me 3 firings on Rem brass before the primer pockets get loose.

The primer looks a little flat with some cratering but once again that can be caused by several other things besides over pressure, not to say that pressure isn't the issue. The primer looks to be a federal primer and from my experience with federal primers they flatten out easier the cci or remington. How is bolt lift and extraction? If you are only getting 2-3 firings on the brass I would guess your pressure is above SAMMI spec.

bolt lift and extraction is fine just like it wasnt fired at all. fed gm 215 primers. may have to try the cci magnums.

str8meat":3cyjlhax said:
bolt lift and extraction is fine just like it wasnt fired at all. fed gm 215 primers. may have to try the cci magnums.

I guess I'm not following along very well. Does your current load not shoot well is why you're wanting to change primers?

That looks to be a normal primer fired in a 300 Rum. If you are getting good case life and are happy with how it shoots why mess with it?

Primers don't mean too much to me. I have seen REALLY flat primers with alot of different loads that weren't anywhere near max or overloaded rounds. Just oversizing cases will result in really flat primers due to brass moving back against the bolt face.

Back