300 RUM Sendero done!!!

Very nice shooting rig, looks good. Wouldn't want to be an Elk downrange of that thing. Those 200 grain Accubonds are formidable bullets. I shot a buck last year at 300m+ and the bullet went thro 4 ribs and being a quartering shot into the spine for about 10 inches, exited the spine thro the offside rear quarter and finally broke up going thro the femur. Despite breaking up, all the bullet fragments exited, I was very happy with the results. I've experianced alot of bullet issues with 30 caliber hunting bullets over 32-3400FPS.

JT.

Impressive tests and field results. I was pretty convinced before reading that tho. ANY bullet that can travel thro a deer lengthways and take out over a foot of spinal bones and then a femur holds togather pretty well. Especially, after getting spit out of a 30-378. That has been the only bullet I could use for applications ovedr 3400FPS. AS a side note, I fired off 3 test loads after I got to pressure at 1 grain less, instead of pulling them..... Not smart I know, but I did hit 3600 FPS with a 180 grn AccuBond :shock: :shock:

JT.

That is an awesome rifle. Hopefully you can slay some deer with it this year. That 200gr AccuBond would be pretty awesome medicine against about anything here in NA./ Scotty

I live right in Fredericksburg, so I am not really too far away. I have been trying to get down to Green Top in order to check out there reloading selection. Man, you are going to slay these Va whitetails with that rifle. Send some pictures when you get a chance. Scotty

Its worth the ride to Greentop if you live in Frederickburg. Thats were i get my powder, primers, and dies. Nothing big enough to shoot at yet. Got sunburned in my climber today.

Good deal, I was wondering about the trip. Usually a trip to a cool gun/reloading shop is worth the trip, even if I don't buy anything. The weather has been decent up here, but it was in the 70's yesterday. Hoping it starts cooling down a little more. The deer are moving well right now though. Scotty

Back