300 Ultra Mag Load Reduction

Thanks you guys for the compliments.

I was really trying to make Retumbo work during this process, I could always get 2-shots to group but never three. Made the switch back to RL-25. Here's the recipe.

180 AccuBond
Remington Brass resized
94.5 RL-25
Fed 215
4.030 Seated from Ojive

I'm convinced this is the powder my Gun likes, by the results. I did find that seating the bullet out to Magazine length has helped, along with a new Forester Die set I purchased, seating die is pretty nice. A big thanks to all the Blog Members, especially Dr. Mike and Pop for the encouragement and knowledge shared during this process.

I'm going to post the 30-06 results later today from yesterdays Range Trip when I get a few minutes.

Don

This sounds like the same primer issue I have on my Rem. 700 - only in 270 WSM - I took it back to the local Rem. shop for warranty and was told that a small amount of cratering on the primer is normal with the newer 700's. They have a slightly larger firing pin hole. Mine does it with any primer and any load.

I just measured the group posted in the pic using R-L25. If I measured it correctly it measures .442

3/4 " outside widest spread. .750-.308= .442 group. My best group ever with this gun.

Don

Don,

That is a bragging group. You'll want to keep that target in your safe. :grin:

Dr. Mike & JD,

Thanks, almost makes me want to frame the thing. :mrgreen: I've been anxiousto get it done to get to Long Range Shooting. Finally now I can utilize all my Brass rather than shooting all new brass every time, that got expensive, just to say I shot 100 fps faster. I'm still striving to get the 30-06 there,hopefully,just have to keep at it. Temps here are to be 95F most of this week into the week-end, not my ideal weather for development.

Don

Can't wait to see how the load holds up over the long haul. I can't imagine that rifle/load being just about ideal for anything out West. Scotty

Scotty,
Anxious to get back out on the Range to shoot 300-400 yards with this load. I'm sure the AccuBond will not disappoint me there. I'm wanting to shoot off the bi-pod as I do when hunting out west.

Don

Back